Buying used boat

• boos1906

Hey guys I’m looking at switching boats this winter. I’m thinking the nitro ZV and Ranger angler series will get hard looks. Any opinions on one over the other?Where is a good place to find out what my current boat is worth?Any reason to buy longer over shorter other than more room? Does length make any difference in the ride in rough water? I fish the Missouri River reservoirs some. Thanks guys

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have a Reata…..same hull style as the Angler. Great boats and I don’t have a single complaint. Super fishable, handle big water. The Angler is just more geared to pure fishing than the Reata with more storage, higher HP rating, etc. Don’t know much about the Nitro’s but I’ve never heard a person ever say “I wish I didn’t buy the Ranger.”

If you are giving hard looks I’d also look at the Skeeter WX series…..all 3 are likely pretty comparable. It could come down to which one you can actually get in a reasonable timeframe.

Always go as big as you can…more room, better ride, more storage, bigger HP, etc. Length will make a difference in ride, especially in rough water. A lot more surface area to absorb impact. It’s just a function of $$$!

boos1906

Thank you Matt. I would probably go with the angler if I went with ranger. I mostly fish and don’t really ski or anything. Which boat has the most storage?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The Angler……the Reata is the fish and ski model. The center storage is less to accommodate skis and such. Only holds 6 rods. I think the angler holds 12 in the center and more on the sides.

Ripjiggen

Ranger FS series has the most.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

And on the 621FS you can get a 400 mercury!

boos1906

The Angler……the Reata is the fish and ski model. The center storage is less to accommodate skis and such. Only holds 6 rods. I think the angler holds 12 in the center and more on the sides.

I can’t afford a fs series lol

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

And on the 621FS you can get a 400 mercury!

You can hang any 400 on the back!! Just sayin.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I’ve road in ZV21 with a 400 and it rides pretty good. The only thing with the Nitro’s they don’t have the fit and finish as a ranger and you can’t remove the carpet. Nitro will be a lot cheaper than Ranger too.

I would get the biggest boat you can. Lots of companies make good boats. Warrior, Ranger, Skeeter, and Nitro would be good options.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Do not over look the Skeeter WX series, And if you find one that you pass on, send it to me please!

boos1906

Hey guys I have been scouring the Internet a little bit. Holy cow I can’t afford to upgrade right now. Do you see use boat prices coming down anytime soon?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Boats have been priced crazy for over18 months. Not going down anytime soon.

boos1906

Boats have been priced crazy for over18 months. Not going down anytime soon.

What has them so high? COVID?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Everyone getting outside last year. No traveling. No flying. Social distancing. Whatever else??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.