Room to fish.
    Room to store stuff.
    A boat that turns like it’s on rails.
    A great fiberglass ride.
    Good 4 stroke fuel economy.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Have you found a steering system yet dutchy?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nope, not looking that hard. The Mertens won’t work with my motor. Steering isn’t a issue, it runs fine when trimmed properly. It’s just that I routinely run up to 10 – 15 miles and the steering would have been nice. Kinda of like a radio…..nice to have but not necessary to the operation of the boat.

Matt Lawrence

I sure like mine too. Steering is pretty easy, you could darn near let go of the tiller when you are up on plane. My only complaint is not being able to troll down to 2.0-2.2 for lead core trolling without using a sock or troll plate. I’m leaning towards adding a kicker to mine.

The layout is great for fishing and storage space is amazing. Even enough room for some fetch when the fishing is slow!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2016-08-27-20-48-46.png

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

This post made me price out some used Pro Guides for tillers sake, ouch, even used things are going $20k. Can’t imagine what glass is looking at, glad you’re enjoying your boat man! toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Price of wheel boats will gag you also. It’s what you want to pay for your entertainment.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Good question for the guys at SBC. I don’t know if mine has it or not. If not it works fine the way it is. grin

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I must have missed it Dutch, when did you get the new rig?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

April I think it followed me home?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5575.jpg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Wow, very nice! Congrats!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks, it’s been a interesting summer getting use to it. It takes it’s maiden trip to Canada in a few weeks.

404 ERROR
    MN

This is the boat I’ve been lusting over for a while now…I’ve also looked into a V1890 or a Backtroller Avid. Leaning towards the Skeeter, but whatever I can find at a good priced used will most likely be coming home with me. That’s a dang nice boat Dutch!

?????

Merican Eagle I have had both, I would strongly sugesst the WX2000T. I had a 2009 WX with a 150 on it was awsomew. Someone offered me a good price for the boat because it could have a 150 on it because after 2009 Skeeter went ot a 115 HP rating only. Took the offer and boght a backtroller. Just traded the Backtroller to buy a MX 1825. The Backtroller is really High quality as good as one can get but comparing a WX2000t to a Backtroller is not a good comparison. If you have the ability to buy the WX2000T it will be the better boat if you require a biger boat. Quality goes to Backtroller and this boat is awsome but over all due to size and and overall workability I would choose the Skeeter. John builds the best boats but they are a smaller lake boat and perform as good or better than any other boat. You get 30 to 32 MPH for the boat if that is OK then than this the best boat for the money, if you want more and fish bigger lakes then go to the WX2000T. I just brought home the MX 1825 today so time will tell if I made the right choice to go the this boat. I will provide feedback as I use the boat more. I do miss my WX2000T but the wife wanted a windshield boat and for how we fish I figured we would be happy with a MX1825. Just borught it home and started rigging it tonight. Time will tell and I will share what I have learned.

Shout out ot SBC in Ramsey. These guys are as good as I have ever dealt with. Eric was the best, spent alot of time with me and the wife for a test ride, worked with my fussy ways to buy and rigg the boat, did everything I needeed and requested. Great guy!!! Cal and Linda were as great to work with as any I have dealt with. I am in the service industry and know when I am getting good service and I defenatly got it!!!!! Cant go wrong dealing with any of them.

However the SBC has a great deal on a Backtroller with a never used 75 HP motor and a Boat with under 80 hours on it as this the boat I just traded to them for the MX. Good boat and a good price and serivce I am sure.

I wil provide piectures and more info as I rigg and customize the boat to my prefrences.

Chad Engels
    Fargo, ND

I am on my 3rd year with my WX2000T. The haul is awesome. It does not need the react keel, it drifts slow and low like a glass boat should, it tracks in forward like its on rails and it tracks great in reverse using the Minn Kota Vantage with the Yamaha trimmed up out of the water. I never back troll with the Yamaha because I have a 36 volt system that I absolutly love. If you do want to backtroll with the Yamaha, the boat tracks too well, meaning it likes to go straight and does not want to turn with the big motor. Apparently others have remedied this by throwing a drift sock out the bow. Not a problem for me, I troll with my electrics only, the 36 volt system can go for days and through the largest of waves.

More about the haul, unlike the other wx boats, the 2000t sits flat in the water, like the MX boats. This is awesome if you like to pitch for walleyes, and fish for bass (which I do a lot), or muskies. This is a distinction from the warrior, which does not sit flat, it has bow rise. The warrior tillers are single purpose walleye rigging/trolling boats in my view.

One last thing about the wx2000t haul that is unique, the bow. The bow is incredibly wide, just like the Rangers which everybody loves. It provides for a huge casting deck. This is the only Skeeter in the wx or mx line-up with a nice wide bow. One thing I love doing is laying out my rods flat on the floor up in the bow and on top of the side rod lockers. You can fish for bass no different than a fancy tournament bass boat, with all your rods layed out flat and close at hand. You can’t do this in the wheel boats because the consoles prevent you from laying your rods flat. Talk about narrow hauls, the warrior tiller is as narrow as it gets, again, a dedicated walleye troller.

Yup, the front half of the 2000t is an uncompromising bass boat and the back half is a hard core walleye tiller. It is the El Comino of fishing boats. I love the dimensions.

The biggest issue for sales with this boat is the Propulsion. First, most people want some type of steering assist. I have the Titan system and would not own the boat without it. Back when that was available, it seems like sales were much stronger. Second is the horse power limititation, even though the 115 works great, many people want the bigger motor like all the other big tillers have. It’s called competition.

Lund sells the heck out of their pro guide tillers with power steering mercs. Skeeter is really missing out. The Mertins hydraulic steering patent expires in 2018, if they were smart, they would be planning for that expiration date now. If Skeeter hung a power steered yamaha 200 SHO with vts on the back of the 2000t sales would outpace all other makes. As it is, all other makes will continue to outsell the 2000t. Which is sad, because it truly is the best fiberglass multi species fishing platform on the market.

michael poulin

Hi Guys,

Great info in this thread gentlemen!

I already have a Merc 115HP that I would swap over to this boat if I went ahead with one. The catch is that this setup requires two batteries plus the Merc Big Tiller pump and such. Is there room to fit all of that in the back of the boat? Does anyone have a picture of the transom area with the panel removed? And, ideally also the underfloor storage?

Also, does it drift parallel to the wind?

Thanks!

kroger3
    blaine mn

Hi Guys,

Great info in this thread gentlemen!

I already have a Merc 115HP that I would swap over to this boat if I went ahead with one. The catch is that this setup requires two batteries plus the Merc Big Tiller pump and such. Is there room to fit all of that in the back of the boat? Does anyone have a picture of the transom area with the panel removed? And, ideally also the underfloor storage?

Thanks!

I have owned a couple of the 2000T boats and one of them had the 150 with mertans power steering. So under the back on one side I had a big battery and the other side the hydraulic pump for the mertans. Then the main battery storage in the bow under a false floor in the big square compartment. I had 3 batteries for a 36 volt system in there and a charger.

michael poulin

I have owned a couple of the 2000T boats and one of them had the 150 with mertans power steering. So under the back on one side I had a big battery and the other side the hydraulic pump for the mertans. Then the main battery storage in the bow under a false floor in the big square compartment. I had 3 batteries for a 36 volt system in there and a charger.

Thanks kroger.

Just to be clear; you had only 1 battery back there, not 2, correct? If so, do you think that 2 would fit along with the merten’s pump, or is there just not enough room for it.

Also, what is the under-floor storage for?

Mike

Matt Lawrence

The under floor access is mostly for fuel tank access but there is some storage space. I keep a 28 lb navy anchor in there that’s rarely used.

There is room for 2 batteries side by side in the rear. You can also find room for a power steering pump. There is alot of space on either side of the batteries. I attached a pic of mine. I still need to clean up my wiring…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160907_181833836.jpg

michael poulin

The under floor access is mostly for fuel tank access but there is some storage space. I keep a 28 lb navy anchor in there that’s rarely used.

There is room for 2 batteries side by side in the rear. You can also find room for a power steering pump. There is alot of space on either side of the batteries. I attached a pic of mine. I still need to clean up my wiring…

Thank you so much Matt, that’s exactly what i was looking for!

michael poulin

All,

I’ve been in an MX1825 and was amazed at how it drifted perpendicular to the wind. Does the WX2000T do it as well or closely?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Micheal where are you from? You need to take one for a spin. Mine is on the Canadian border until the end of the month then it’s just North of the Twin Cities. If you want to get a hands on look and drive it shoot me a PM.

michael poulin

Micheal where are you from? You need to take one for a spin. Mine is on the Canadian border until the end of the month then it’s just North of the Twin Cities. If you want to get a hands on look and drive it shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the offer Dutchboy, that’s very kind of you! I’m from Toronto, Canada – unfortunately not close enough to just pop over.

I’m set on a 20’ glass tiller (because I can’t afford a 20’ console boat like MX2040) and my only local options are Lund(too much freeboard for me) and Ranger(not a good layout for me). Also, and I know some will disagree with this, I like the 115HP limit on the WX2000T, for my style of fishing, because it’s less expensive and trolls forward slow enough without having to re-pitch specifically for that purpose.

The two Canadian Skeeter dealers are 2.5 hour and 5 hour drives and they do not have, and never have had, the tiller in stock. I’ve never bought a boat without testing it first and I’m not about to do so this time around either, so I will have to bite the bullet and make a trip out to where these boats are more popular and bum a ride from someone such as yourself.

I’ll PM you to take you up on your offer if everything lines up for a trip over to your neck of the woods – thanks again for offering!

Mike

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.