Budget Noodle / Light spoon rods

• William
    North West Wisconsin

Thoughts on budget noodle and a light spoon rods? Also what reel to match with if they don’t come with one? I love the feel of a TUCR, just hard to spend the change at this time. In the past I have gone with 13 fishing wicked set ups, st croix 24″light, paired with okuma c-10 reels and some other off brand combos that I didn’t care for. Thanks!

pharmfisher

what is budget for you? the HT ice blue rods for like 10 bucks are nice but they have small eyelets and no backbone. Honestly the beaver dam glass noodle rod is unbelievable for the price. It is around 20 bucks and has a really soft tip, really big eyelets that are honestly really similar to the recoil guides on some high end rods, and it has a pretty good backbone. I can’t believe this rod doesn’t get more attention. To be honest though I started out going cheap and eventually just worked my way up to the tuned up custom rod line. Wish I would of just went with them in the first place, now I have noodle rods laying around everywhere. For a spoon rod I am not the one to ask. The rods I am talking about are for small to medium/large tungsten jigs.

ozzyky
    On water

I have a bull whip and a noodle but as mentioned above I have that beaver dam glass noodle as well and while it’s not as good as a tucr, it’s definitely worth it’s price point.

Ryan P
    Farmington

Beaver Dam glass noodle. I can’t justify spending a ton cause I seem to break at least one a year.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Beaver Dam glass noodle. I can’t justify spending a ton cause I seem to break at least one a year.

What he said. Super nice noodle tip with backbone. Under $20.

Travis

If your looking for good quality rods on a budget may I suggest JR’s tackle. Before I upgraded my fleet of rods to TUCR I had JR’s and they served me very well!!! For a rod on a budget they have some of the highest quality in my opinion. Their blanks we’re the same exact blank as the rods used and sold as Perch Patrol rods and the same blanks Jason Mitchell stamped his name on before he switched to Clam outdoors. Take a look at them and don’t count them out on how they can round out your fleet of ice slaying sticks! Good luck this season!

Dylan Salow

Was in the same boat years ago back before I really got serious about getting some custom rods. My buddy and I always had decent luck with st. Croix ice rods. They seemed to have the most bang for your buck IMO at a decent price compared to others. We always had good luck with them. Fast forward to present and having a TUCR BW and noodle I wish I would have pulled the plug earlier there is no comparison but whatever works at the time works! The st. Croix line served us well for a number of years.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Get a Snitch rod. Under 40 bucks. It has a nice tip and good backbone.

PmB

Pinch pennies in other areas. U won’t regret buying a custom rod

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

Get a Snitch rod. Under 40 bucks. It has a nice tip and good backbone.

+1

I like my Snitches and it’s as much as I care to spend on an ice rod.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.