Bucket list check…

• buddah6

I lost my dad at a young age and just recently lost my father in law in a short battle to cancer. I grew up with the life is too short philosophy and continue that till this day. I always believe the memories you make with your children last longer than the things that you buy them by far, so I made some reservations and decided to take my ten year old who’s an ice fishing diehard on a 3 day trip together and let me tell you what fun we had together! 20- every morning with 40- wind chill and he was up at the crack of dawn to fish with his old man. Not a word of complaint ever.. Love this kid.. Fished Bowstring, Round, and Cut foot Sioux and had a blast together and hopefully he’ll do the same with his kids one day!

Attachments:
    1. 20160115_181548.jpg

2. 20160116_163344.jpg

3. 20160117_182949.jpg

Eskimo2566

Awesome! Those are some nice walleye and perch! The memories he has from this will last his lifetime!

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Buddah6 sounds a great memory maker of a trip and that you are passing on the traditions. Great job.

My son used to fish when he was your son’s age then for some reason he just didn’t want to anymore. Now almost 20 years he later, he is back fishing and we are having a ball.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Good job! Nothing can erase those memories and getting him involved in fishing is perhaps one of the most influential favors you are doing for your son. And yourself. This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.

As Tim mentions, kids grow in stages that can take them away from fishing for a while , but by doing what you are doing now he’ll never be very far removed from it and will come back.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I will always cherish the memories of fishing with Dad, he also lost his battle against cancer. Live it to it’s fullest, life truly is too short and oh so precious.

One of dad, great trip to SD.

Attachments:
    1. Perch-003.mov
    buddah6

Forgot to mention he got to meet his idol on Saturday who was generous enough to give my son one of his personal rods and some lures. Great guy and my son wouldn’t put it down all weekend.. Lol

Attachments:
    1. 20160116_164936.jpg

plumbum75

That’s awesome. ….you sir have done a fine job with that boy…keep up the good work. ….tight lines….

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

That’s awesome. ….you sir have done a fine job with that boy…keep up the good work. ….tight lines….

…Yes Sir he has done perfect job with that young man. You can tell that just by the smiles in all 4 pics.! waytogo applause … rrr

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Way to go Dad! In my own experience, you’re nailing it. No matter the life he leads, these memories are irreplaceable-for both of you! applause

lundojam

Awesome! Which lake was best?
    You are doing it right, dad. Keep up the good work.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great job! Fish and kids with smiles: priceless! toast Way to go Dad.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.