BRP Launches Process for the Sale of its Marine Businesses

• CaptainMusky

Yeah there a post here last week. Will be interesting to see who buys them. Could really determine the future of alumacraft among others.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

It will either be a PE firm or possibly a competitor. Hopefully not a PE firm. Quality will go down.

CaptainMusky

It will either be a PE firm or possibly a competitor. Hopefully not a PE firm. Quality will go down.

Agreed on the PE firm but a competitor would be bad too. Especially for employees I’d think.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

At least with PE there would still be a little competition. If another manufacture buys them id imagine they will pretty much stop alumacraft production and increase their own prices.

CaptainMusky

Yep that is exactly what I would envision happening too. A competitor doesn’t buy a company to usually keep them functioning as they were they essentially do it to eliminate them.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Shoot, didn’t see that this was posted already. From what I’ve heard, things haven’t been great for Alumacraft employees lately and I wouldn’t imagine this will help. But who knows. Just thought it was interesting that BRP is offloading so quickly.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

The good news is that AlumaCraft quality can’t decrease any further.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.