Brainerd Burbot

• olas88

Looking to do some Burbot fishing in the Brainerd area 2-3 weekends from now. Any one have any recommendations for location as well as lodging?

Willing to rent a Castle/Yetti if they are available. Know this is super short notice for this time of year.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I heard they’re getting a bunch on Gull in front of Ernies. Seems Lucky Joel’s Pout Candy is the hot lure.

olas88

I heard they’re getting a bunch on Gull in front of Ernies. Seems Lucky Joel’s Pout Candy is the hot lure.

Thanks! Is Gull one of the better lakes in the area? I dont think the spawn has started yet correct?

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I don’t fish them myself but by the number of houses starting to gather it must be very close.

olas88

Thanks! anyone know of any castle/yetti rentals available in the area?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Thanks! anyone know of any castle/yetti rentals available in the area?

Going to be tough after March 1st. That’s the deadline to get houses off the lake. If the ice holds and the bigger if the landings stay in good shape, then it might be possible. Houses can be out but not unattended after dark. You may be able to have a guide put a house back out for the day/weekend for you.

My neighbor speaks highly of: http://www.fishtraxx.com/

olas88

Yea I had forgotten about the pull off date. Thanks for the info! Might just have to make a few drives up from the metro. Itching to get on some burbot for the first time.

olas88

Any other lakes in the area to try out?

buddah6

I’ve pulled some nice ones out of Sylvan Lake just southwest of Gull.

olas88

I’ve pulled some nice ones out of Sylvan Lake just southwest of Gull.

Thanks! TargetWalleye keeps talking about the Burb’s and really wanting to get after them. I am open for any and all suggestions. Thanks again.

Charles

Whitefish Chain I heard.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If you going to Gull be wary of ice thickness. I did not get on it this year, but heard it did not form very well. I’m sure the cold snap we had has it in better shape. I tried calling one of the resorts and asking about this a few weeks ago and I got there daughter maybe on the phone and she couldn’t help with any info.

blank

If you going to Gull be wary of ice thickness. I did not get on it this year, but heard it did not form very well. I’m sure the cold snap we had has it in better shape. I tried calling one of the resorts and asking about this a few weeks ago and I got there daughter maybe on the phone and she couldn’t help with any info.

Trucks are driving all over the lake now. About 20″ of ice when I was out there a few days ago. Be wary of areas in the narrows up towards Zorbaz, the Gull River mouth by Govt Pt, and the channel into Wilson Bay. If you’re going out from Ernies, you’re fine.

olas88

Thanks! I am mapping out some possible burb spots so I will keep that in mind. I am also looking at the contour maps of sylvan and the whitefish chain and pelican. Might hop around.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>

Trucks are driving all over the lake now. About 20″ of ice when I was out there a few days ago. Be wary of areas in the narrows up towards Zorbaz, the Gull River mouth by Govt Pt, and the channel into Wilson Bay. If you’re going out from Ernies, you’re fine.

Damn that cold snap did shore it up. I heard from people that were out there 3 weeks ago and they only had 12 in some area’s. Thanks for clarifying Blank.

olas88

I am headed up early saturday. Would Gull be the place to start, or Sylvan or whitefish chain as mentioned above

Bringing the kids with as well so want them to have a good time as well.

olas88

do people bleed out the burbot like eyes?

blank

olas, I sent you a message.

TOM

Is the daytime burbot bite happening now?

olas88

Is the daytime burbot bite happening now?

I do not think it is fully on, but it has to be starting I would think. I am heading up this weekend because I am not sure I will be getting any other chances.

olas88

I will report back here when i am done. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

olas88

No luck so far trying on the south end of gull at the drop offs. Loads of ice though

olas88

Anyone else out today for burb?

olas88

Fished from 12-8 yesterday, got skunked unfortunately. I dont think the daytime bite is on yet.

TOM

Fished from 12-8 yesterday, got skunked unfortunately. I dont think the daytime bite is on yet.

Thanks for the update.

olas88

Now the question for me is what will the ice be like next weekend with mid 40’s projected for all week.

ShldHveBenHreYserdy
    MN

gull has kicked my ace the last few outings; we were on the north end in 19FOW, no walleyes, and marked one fish that may have been a pout after dark, that looked at a spoon and left, plenty of dinky perch though

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.