Boy scouts now accepting girls.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wtf. Isn’t boy scouts boy scouts and girl scouts girl scouts. Where did all go wrong. Pretty sad.

Reef W

This is outrageous. We can’t have girls learning outdoors stuff too! They should only be taught to cook and make babies!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Ha ha ha that’s hilarious. Why can’t girl scout leaders bring the girls camping and fishing. Start some fires and get knives. Now I suppose I should make my son take his no girls sign out of his tree house. And teach him while he is young

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Will need to let the Nancy Boys into the girl scouts now too…. coffee

Just combine them, call them the Scouts.

All comes down to girls wanting/needing to be able to earn an Eagle Scout award. Pretty big deal for getting leadership positions later in life. Totally understand that. What I don’t understand is why the Girl Scouts never developed a similar program.

-J.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

If it’s true, I think it’s ridiculous. Some things are just meant to be gender specific – sorry if you can’t handle that. I suppose the transgender kids were confused where to go too. Bunch of BS.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Just combine them, call them the Scouts

waytogo

Boy scouts should see this as an opportunity and the girl scouts see as fail. Not every girl is about just cookies.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I have my son in boy scouts and last month we had to go over all the new rules because the girls are joining. The boy scouts let the girls in because they didn’t want all the bad press they were getting for not letting them in. Most family’s that have boys in scouts also have daughters and were attending multiple events already. The ones who are the most pissed about this is the girl scouts.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Some things should be gender specific I do agree. Scouts, maybe both rooms.
    I understand that girls want to do things boys do as well. But still it is boy scouts for a reason. Change they way girl scouts is. Maybe instead of sewing and cookie making the ladies could take them on a camping trip with just the ladies.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

FYI, they started this in October and already have 3000 girls in the program.

Also, it’s not the “Boy Scouts” anymore. It’s now the “Scouts BSA”

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Nice to see an inclusive program by the (renewed name) Scouts BSA to give opportunities to more of our youngsters.

rubberduck
    east bethel

You can thank the LIBTARDS! Total BS IMHO.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It can’t be named “Boy scouts” any more, that would not be fair now. It might hurt somebody’s feelings

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It was either run out of money or give in to the liberals and discard traditional values.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Rubberduck, Maybe you can join the Scouts…You seem kind of childish with your name calling. It is called Gender Equality and it’s about time….

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

All comes down to girls wanting/needing to be able to earn an Eagle Scout award. Pretty big deal for getting leadership positions later in life. Totally understand that. What I don’t understand is why the Girl Scouts never developed a similar program.

-J.

What’s a “Nancy boy?”

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

-J.

My sisters were girl scouts, they do have a program similar to Eagle Scout. I think its called the gold award or some such.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

What’s a “Nancy boy?”

….meaning light-in-the-loafers, but harmless and not at all threatening or predatory.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The girls will bring a lot to the table. They will teach the boys how to con their moms and dads into setting up tables and selling cookies for them. No need to learn how to interact with people just sell cookies.

I’m all for girls having the same opportunities as the boys. I don’t however think they need to be combined to do it. The girls can develop their own programs and keep the boys out.

On a related note, can a 19 year old male petition the courts to be let into a sorority at college? Can’t see where anything could go wrong there.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

You can thank the LIBTARDS! Total BS IMHO.

I played no part in this except for my support. moon

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Guess I don’t know really what to think or say about the Scouts. I have 2 daughter’s and no sons. Did a brief period of Time of the girls in girl scouts and it was a waste of time. Sleep overs and crap artsy crafts. Girls quit and I was happy, more time for real stuff with my girls. At the time, it was boys only for BSA. So our mindset was screw those sexist bassturds. Plus, it all depends on the leader a group has anyways.
    So, I see it this way. If you have sons and a better rounded set of opportunities and won’t include females, you are a sexist pig and contribute to the problem. If you have daughter’s and they don’t have opportunities to have equal access to quality programs, be the leader and teach them more yourself. Amazing the relationship you build and the respect you gain as a parent.
    BTW, I find it quite halarious my daughter’s have superior survival skill sets and work ethics compared to their boyfriends….

rubberduck
    east bethel

Rubberduck, Maybe you can join the Scouts…You seem kind of childish with your name calling. It is called Gender Equality and it’s about time….

Gender equality!??? rotflol rotflol
    Just call them like I see them! I think there is a reason its called “boy scouts”.

I bet you firmly believe in “participation” trophies too! moon

blank

Guess I don’t know really what to think or say about the Scouts. I have 2 daughter’s and no sons. Did a brief period of Time of the girls in girl scouts and it was a waste of time. Sleep overs and crap artsy crafts. Girls quit and I was happy, more time for real stuff with my girls. At the time, it was boys only for BSA. So our mindset was screw those sexist bassturds. Plus, it all depends on the leader a group has anyways.

Did you actually approach the local Boy Scout troop about having your girls join them?

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>pool2fool wrote:</div>
    What’s a “Nancy boy?”

….meaning light-in-the-loafers, but harmless and not at all threatening or predatory.

-J.

Grow up

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

How would thinking BOY scouts is for boys sexist? We didn’t make the girls have to do artsy stuff and bake cookies. The women who ran girl scouts did. Shouldn’t they be looked at as the problem

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

What is wrong with letting boys be boys and letting them learn and develop their masculinity?

If the girls don’t like their program, change it. I’m all for girls learning outdoor skills or whatever else they want but doesn’t mean they need to invade the boys space. Total BS!

Bleeding heart liberals ruining this country

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Grow up

No one will ever convince me it is Ok for a Boy to be a Girl Scout. NEVER!!!!!!

-J.

Jonesy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>cbeeksma wrote:</div>

Gender equality!??? rotflol rotflol
    Just call them like I see them! I think there is a reason its called “boy scouts”.

I bet you firmly believe in “participation” trophies too! moon

So change the name. Girls scouts is fine for some people but really they are focused on cookie sales and generating money for the organization. If you have a daughter who want’s to learn and participate in outdoor activities like the boy scouts do they are pretty much up a creek.

The scout leader for my sons troop is a female and nobody bats an eye at that. My daughter is 3 and is in dance class but I can almost guarantee she will be signed up for boyscouts because she loves the outdoors, camping, fishing, etc.

But yes they should change the name to Outdoor Adventure Scouts or something like that.

It’s funny how snowflakey all you tough guys are about this.

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>
    Grow up

No one will ever convince me it is Ok for a Boy to be a Girl Scout. NEVER!!!!!!

-J.

That’s fine, and I agree that I probably won’t happen either. But did you really have to add in the derogatory term “nancy” in your initial post and then have to clarify it later?

blank

I completely agree and like your thinking Jonesy waytogo

Dan
    Southeast MN

It’s funny how snowflakey all you tough guys are about this.

If you think this bad, try suggesting they keep items cool in a Yeti!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.