Bourbon & Tennessee Whiskey

• BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’m enjoying a Knob Creek Small Batch 100 proof tonight. I received this as a birthday gift from my son. Very well done. So smooth, straight up neat.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m enjoying a Knob Creek Small Batch 100 proof tonight. I received this as a birthday gift from my son. Very well done. So smooth, straight up neat.

That’s always a good one. The 120 proof is really good too and very smooth for being so high proof. I’ve been able to find it near me on sale for around $30-35 every now and then.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Got a nice care package in the mail this week.

Attachments:
    1. 7130831D-438D-449C-9C1C-D452DDD0952E.jpeg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Those are some great bottles! I have never seen the 107 with a gold top is there something special with it?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

Those are some great bottles! I have never seen the 107 with a gold top is there something special with it?

I was wondering about that as well. Only thing I can tell is it’s got a cork instead of the usual screw on cap. It’s the same exact label so I’m thinking maybe it’s just a different date or maybe a store pick?

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Only thing I can tell is it’s got a cork instead of the usual screw on cap.

Did a google search and I believe that is the only difference. Either way a nice find!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

A store in town had that on sale a couple weeks back and I decided to get a jug. Straight up, neat…that’s how I enjoyed my small glass of it. Very good.

I had a sip of Makers Mark Private Select the other day and was amazed at how smooth it was given the almost 108 proof. Andy’s had it on sale this afternoon when I stopped for beer and I grabbed a bottle for the shop. Now I have five different bourbons out there…it’ll take me the next fifteen years to drink them. lol

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Now I have five different bourbons out there…it’ll take me the next fifteen years to drink them. lol

If you need any help… wave whistling

Can whip up a fresh sourdough loaf in about 30 hours.

Cody Meyers

I’m enjoying a (taller than I need) Michters rye tonight. I have loved everything I’ve had from the Michters line. Not crazy expensive either.

Cheers everybody

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Shifting towards Irish…

Attachments:
    1. 927921CB-2FD7-49D6-8B6E-F647E53BDDC3.jpeg

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

1792 small batch for a smooth, no burn and Bird Dog Peach for a nice flavored glass.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Been awhile but its that time of year approaching that the good ones get released. Im on a couple of lists and we will see what happens toast anyone else?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m about through my Wellers stash I obtained a few months ago. Gonna have to search for more.

Got some of the Jefferson’s Aged at Sea or whatever it’s called. Was a gift. It’s good, but I wouldn’t spend my $70 on it. Very little mouth feel and not as much bite as I like. Somewhat unique flavor though. Not as sweet as many bourbons are.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Any of you guys do an infinity bottle? Just came across the idea.

Concept is simple. Take an empty bottle, add a small amount of each whiskey you drink to create a unique blend of all (or certain) bourbons you drink over time. I like the idea of where you add small amounts of bourbon at the end of each bottle over time and have a glass periodically.

I’m going to try this out.

riverruns
    Inactive

My son and his girlfriend went this past weekend on a short drive. Ended up in Tennessee Ziplining. I told him too bring me back a couple bottles of Tennessee whiskey. This is what he brought back for me, and I don’t even drink whiskey. LOL

Attachments:
    1. 16039380927471018128063687703276.jpg

BoatsHateMe

Been awhile but its that time of year approaching that the good ones get released. Im on a couple of lists and we will see what happens toast anyone else?

I stumbled into a couple of gems at the grocery store in River Falls. I spotted a bottle of High West Mid Winter Night’s Dram and promptly snatched that up. She recognized my irresponsible whisky spending and told me they had a fresh bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. At 133 proof it’ll warm you right up. Behind that bite is a most righteous flavor that keeps you going back for more. Great unexpected score on both!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m on my third bottle of Angles Envy Rye…

I’m not sure if I should thank you BHM or cuss at you! )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pro tip – Don’t leave a bottle of Blood Oath in your desk drawer when there is a Christmas party at work unless you are attending said Christmas party. The bottles tend to spring a leak without any signs of spillage.

I want to work were you work!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

and I don’t even drink whiskey. LOL

I can see you sitting around a campfire with three or four fingers of a smooth bourbon.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wow this thread makes me thirsty. Especially while I’m working out side on a chilly morning.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wow this thread makes me thirsty.

x2! I need to restock the liquor cabinet after moving, and going to have a tough time narrowing it down to 3-5 whiskey bottles.

Brad Dimond

My son and his girlfriend went this past weekend on a short drive. Ended up in Tennessee Ziplining. I told him too bring me back a couple bottles of Tennessee whiskey. This is what he brought back for me, and I don’t even drink whiskey. LOL

You obviously raised your son right!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

She recognized my irresponsible whisky spending and told me they had a fresh bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. At 133 proof it’ll warm you right up. Behind that bite is a most righteous flavor that keeps you going back for more. Great unexpected score on both!

Just wanted to add that this is a great bottle. One of my go tos for a barrel proof bourbon.

BoatsHateMe

I’m on my third bottle of Angles Envy Rye…

I’m not sure if I should thank you BHM or cuss at you! )

Might as well start cussing. Everybody else does and if you don’t you’ll just stick out like a sore thumb.

Did you mean your third bottle tonight? It’s not usually like me but I can testify that one person you can drink a bottle of that in one night and not have a bad hangover in the morning. It’s that good.

That doesn’t mean it won’t cloud your judgment.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve been looking for a jug of Blanton’s for a a while now. No one has any but many offer a lottery for the next bottle.
    I found one online. A few days later I get a package from Great Britain. What the — i guess they prefer that scotch stuff over burbon.

Attachments:
    1. 20201112_165717.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That’s great EPG! Was the cost reasonable?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That’s great EPG! Was the cost reasonable?

Buck and a half + $20 for shipping, so not to bad.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

We have a grocery store in the area that still get Blanton’s in pretty regularly and will put you on a list and give you a call when it comes in. I bought a bottle a couple of months ago for $70 + tax.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I used to get Blanton’s in WI easily for $65 or so. This was only a couple of years ago, long after bourbon became popular. What the heck happened…

Also, if you haven’t tried Angel’s Envy Rye you must. Holy cow is that stuff good.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 597 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.