Muddle…..
    Fill glass with ice
    Add LOTS of Mango Habanero whiskey
    top with a bit of 7-up or sprite
    throw a cherry on top for looks

It’ll cure what ails ya!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

101 finally back in stock. Tomorrow’s dinner in the background. Picked up a bottle of Kentucky Spirit while I was out shopping as well. It’s pretty good.

Attachments:
    1. image-scaled.jpg

2. B0050FEB-A428-43F4-8E12-BC87E87B4A1B-scaled.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Where did ya score on the short ribs?
    Been looking all over for them. I bet they ain’t giving those away.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

From my freezer via Mr. Roseberg. I think I have 1 more pack of them left.

Probably gonna do a braise one the larger bones and might smoke the smaller ones since there is very little meat on them.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Heading to KY on Thursday to visit a couple distilleries. We’re going to hit Makers Mark, Buffalo trace and a few others. I can hardly wait!!!

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Woodman’s in Altoona had a lottery drawing for a bunch of hard to get bourbon’s! I ended up with a bottle of Blanton’s for $70 and am entered in a chance to buy a bottle of pappy van winkles!

Ripjiggen

Heading to KY on Thursday to visit a couple distilleries. We’re going to hit Makers Mark, Buffalo trace and a few others. I can hardly wait!!!

Have fun EPG…Been to Makers several times for work. Pretty cool distillery.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

My daughter was married at the Bluff’s. They didn’t have anything but Hamm’s that I was interested in drinking until I tried Chivas Regal 12 Year. Drank one shot all night (people kept pouring another shot in my glass when it was getting close to half full. doah

I tried 1 oz of Chivas 25 year @ $44 neat. Not impressed. I felt the 12 year was more smooth. I guess the extra 13 years in the barrel gave it more flavor that I didn’t care for. At over $300. I can live with the 12 year.

Brad Dimond

Happy day for me. My son sent his Christmas list, asked for “a nice bottle of Bourbon”! He’s 27 and seems to be developing good taste. I may have to sample several before landing on the right one for him.

He’s already helped drain my bottle of Macallan Rare Cask and managed to abscond with a bottle of Macallan 18 (both received as gifts for performing wedding ceremonies). Now he’s moving back to domestic whiskey.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sounds like you raised him right. Your probably looking a little nicer than this but I picked up a bottle of Makers 46 recently and it is good. Before that finished a bottle of Jefferson’s and that was excellent as well.

Brad Dimond

Sounds like you raised him right. Your probably looking a little nicer than this but I picked up a bottle of Makers 46 recently and it is good. Before that finished a bottle of Jefferson’s and that was excellent as well.

The Maker’s 46 is my current drink, again received as a gift. My brother felt guilty about staying in Dallas and sitting out the move of our mother from the house she’d been in for 55 years so he sent me the bottle. Very gracious and I am enjoying it. That’s much more the price range I am looking at for the kid than is the high end Macallans.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

That Makers 46 is really good.

Ripjiggen

Check out some of there other wood finishing series…they are limited but can be found…and or private select. PM me and I can help you find where these things were sent. Never mind more fun finding them on your own, never know what you are going to find. 😂😂😂
    FYI…Bookers 2021-03 shipped this week. As did Basil Hayden Toast and Knob Creek 12 yo and 15yo…oh and Legent😂

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Check out some of there other wood finishing series…they are limited but can be found…and or private select. PM me and I can help you find where these things were sent. Never mind more fun finding them on your own, never know what you are going to find. 😂😂😂
    FYI…Bookers 2021-03 shipped this week. As did Basil Hayden Toast and Knob Creek 12 yo and 15yo…oh and Legent😂

The Private Select was at Total wine in Woodbury a couple months ago. Very good.

Ripjiggen

FYI…Private select is completely different from store to store. Most unique barrel program in the industry. I can guarantee you you will not find the same one at two different store. If you like one try one from another store.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yeah I was reading about that yesterday. I think I may have seen one and passed on it when I picked up the 46. If I remember correctly it was like $69 I believe it said private select.

ThunderLund78

I keep one or two “mixers” at my bar and one good sipper. My current mixers are a Woodford Rye and 1792 Small Batch. I’m still working on a bottle of Old Forrester for my sipper. After that I think Woodford Reserve’s Double-Oak is my next purchase. Total Wine was doing samples a while back and I keep thinking about how deep and complex that flavor was.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

He scores!

Attachments:
    1. 20211203_112139-scaled.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Hmm I might be driving by your cabin Saturday morning, might be to early for a nip though.

Brad Dimond

Hmm I might be driving by your cabin Saturday morning, might be to early for a nip though.

It’s the breakfast of champions!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

He scores!

That picture looks fresh from the BT gift shop. That place is like Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory:) When you get done in Frankfort, head to Bardstown. The Heaven Hill distillery is worth hitting up as well. They sell their allocated releases in the morning, might be able to make a score.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Good tastin down here.

Attachments:
    1. 20211203_141047-scaled.jpg

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    He scores!

That picture looks fresh from the BT gift shop. That place is like Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory:) When you get done in Frankfort, head to Bardstown. The Heaven Hill distillery is worth hitting up as well. They sell their allocated releases in the morning, might be able to make a score.

Go to any hole in the wall bar and you will find bourbon that most have never tried. Go to Bardstown and visit the oldest bar in Kentucky. Might even see Freddie or Fred Noe mowing their lawn down the street.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ll be checking out Tattersall’s in River Falls soon.

I’m trying to keep my expectations low.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hanging with Dixon Dedman

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Tonight was the annual charity auction over here. Always a fun time supporting local causes and scoring a few good bottles!

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20211204_0204189792-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

He said “help yourself”

Attachments:
    1. 20211203_215647-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Seriously!
    He had to take his son to basketball and told us where the keys were. shock woot toast

Iowaboy1

Seriously!
    He had to take his son to basketball and told us where the keys were. shock woot toast

EPG, any chance you are going to visit the Jack D distillery?? I want one one of those four gallon bottles that you can buy overseas and are not available here in the states for some reason…. it could be they have heard of me and my bootlegging grandpa???
    Oh well, I have granddads recipe and the where with all to to make it if I have to.

Now to find fifty feet of half inch copper pipe, enough copper sheet to make a boiler, two thump kegs, and,,,,, uh, well we have a natural spring running just south of the pond you want to fish to supply the water year round.

Ripjiggen

Seriously!

That is the Kentucky way…I have had the most pleasant run ins with some awesome distillers that act like you grew up together next door as kids…
    Iowa boy who drinks that Tennessee stuff…heard it makes you go blind… jester

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 597 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.