Bobcat Attack

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Scary, but I have to imagine that a bobcat attack on a human is a tremendous rarity.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

This is a good reason to control wild cat numbers and to also get rid of feral cats and dogs in urban locations. These things need regular rabies and distemper shots along with worming meds to stay “healthy”. Who is providing this for feral animals AFTER they get the shot when they’re caught for neutering or spaying and the original injections/meds need boosters to stay effective?

Feral animals are every bit as tough and fight-worthy as their truly wild counterparts and don’t think that feral animals don’t encounter the same diseases as the wild since vaccinations don’t last forever, nor does worming.

I almost lost my springer to a rabid feral cat he came across while we were pheasant hunting. The dog was cat-friendly but the cat was not so friendly and when it latched down on the dog in a full attack mode, as soon as the cat was clear it bit it. I hauled the animal to the car and had the health department test it but back then only the dog got the shots. Today we both would have been getting the series.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

“The bobcat population has been steadily increasing in New Hampshire since 1989, when the state put an end to bobcat hunting. Fish and Game last year tried to introduce a limited hunting and trapping season with 50 permits to be issued via a lottery, but the proposal was withdrawn amid public outcry.”

Sounds like the california mountain lion story.

walleyehunter422

Blame it on Disney. Stupid cartoons confuse people. Animals are not “cute and cuddly” and cars don’t talk!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

evil otter master plan

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Scary, but I have to imagine that a bobcat attack on a human is a tremendous rarity.

The link says it was a rabid bobcat. You can’t really say a animal out of it’s mind with rabies is indictive of a species behavior.

?????

Had this walk right thru the yard last week. Could not have cared less about us in the house or cars going by on the road. Must have been a young one and it was on the hunt. Really cool to see. Really freaked out a few of my neighbors whom live in the big city. They were afraid it would attack them. I have lived up here for along time and normally all you see of a Bobcat is a flash as they are running away. Cool to see.

Attachments:
    1. 11-005.jpeg

2. 11-003.jpeg

3. 11-002.jpeg

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Neat. Where were these pictures taken?

walleye216

About as rare as wolf attacks on humans.

?????

About 12 miles from Walker MN. Our property is near the Paul Bunyan State Forest.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ralph Wiggum wrote:</div>

About as rare as wolf attacks on humans.

It’s also worth keeping in mind, that a bobcat is not the size of a tiger. Even a big one is barely knee high at the shoulder. Hardly the deadliest thing in the woods.

Grouse

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>phoyem wrote:</div>

About 12 miles from Walker MN. Our property is near the Paul Bunyan State Forest.

Kab do you have many wolf encounters (seeing, hearing, pics etc.)? My folks live in Nevis, and my Dad and I have been arguing about their presence in the area for a while now. My Mom almost hit a huge one crossing the road just SE of Nevis this weekend.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

personally a mountain lions the last thing I want to see in the woods.

still hoping to see the emu on the loose in Becker area.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have lived up here for along time and normally all you see of a Bobcat is a flash as they are running away

The only one I “saw” flashed across the road in front of me.

?????

Big Werm, we see a few out in the Paul Bunyan and you can hear them at night. Theye are here and I know they are timbers. I grew upon th range and have my share and can tell the difference most times unles sthey are realy young or moving fast but most of the time the long legs are a dead giveaway.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.