Boating & rain

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Made it within 1/2 mile of the dock when the skies opened. Been raining hard for 30 minutes. Buddy was still out there when i came in. He is gonna be one soaked and cold guy.

This is on Kabetogama.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

A fella can dream…

Attachments:
    1. 5BBEACAB-3C7B-44B8-9011-563C63E06C05.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No thanks. There are few days a year that a tiller sucks, this just happens to be one of them.

I’m happy being a tiller guy.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

To each his own. I do love the boat control of a tiller setup for sure. I’m a lazy troller so the thought of sitting warm and dry watching for a bent rod is pretty appealing.

Enjoy the lake today!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love fishing in the rain. Maybe not a heavy down pour but I love fishing in pour conditions.

I am a tiller guy my self. A buddy of mine just bought a alumacraft with a 200 tiller. Talk about jealous

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I love fishing in the rain. Maybe not a heavy down pour but I love fishing in pour conditions.

I am a tiller guy my self. A buddy of mine just bought a alumacraft with a 200 tiller. Talk about jealous

I’m crawling in a alumacraft 205 tiller with a 150 merc in the morning.

Iowaboy1

got to the campgrounds last night and heard the weather was coming in this morning,thanks for the heads up eelpoutguy!!
    anyway,sat in the tent waiting for our cabin to be cleaned and it just cut loose,lightening,thunder,and heavy rain for around three hours.

finally got out tonight around seven to try some fishing,three stinking snot rockets,glad they opened the limits up to ten as I am going to smoke and pickle several of them.
    I wasnt out there an hour when the clouds rolled back in,I could hear thunder a ways off and wasnt too worried until the mono wouldnt stay on the water and the hair on my arms was standing straight out.

I got the hell out of dodge real quick,well,as fast as my little forty merc would run,meh,thirty aint too bad for that old girl on a heavy boat.
    anyway,barely beat the rain back in,not a great day for fishing but time away from work is wonderful regardless of the weather !!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.