Boat Sway

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

What do you Guys do to help reduce boat sway? Talking about while slip bobbering. Seems some nights it’s not bad and other nights annoying.

Walleyepro20

Double anchor but got to do it just right anchor in front and anchor in back.

Deuces

Watch your white claw consumption

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Always double anchor while bobber fishing.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My uncle used an anchoring system on his 21 foot Skeeter fiberglass tournament walleye boat out there years ago that was effective, even in big waves. He had a 75 foot length of rope with a main digger-style anchor out and then 15 feet up he had a 10 foot section with a small mushroom style anchor attached. He did get a little sway but it was a really heavy boat and that anchor system held us in place, even in rough water. Seems to me that putting an anchor out the front and the back would be effective too.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

First thought would be second anchor. Maybe try attaching the rope to a rear cleat. Might steady it out, make worse or no diff. Worth a try.
    When I anchor in current many times I steady it out with a drift sock.
    I use spotlock most of the time when I bobber fish lately.

J Wallace

best thing i did was about 10′ up from the anchor have a second rope tied. then tie 1 line to the front of the boat, the second on the back, having more line on the back one so the boat is at a angle into the wind.

J Wallace

see attached

Attachments:
    1. anchor.jpg

Wingman99
    Elk River, MN

Spotlock.. Bows always into the wind.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Spot lock doesn’t work in 4 footers there slappy. Plus even if it did, you’d burn up some battery power way too quick.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

best thing i did was about 10′ up from the anchor have a second rope tied. then tie 1 line to the front of the boat, the second on the back, having more line on the back one so the boat is at a angle into the wind.

That’s pretty interesting… Thank You

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wingman99 wrote:</div>

Spot lock doesn’t work in 4 footers there slappy. Plus even if it did, you’d burn up some battery power way too quick.

I am very impressed with Spot Lock. We could vertical jig on Lake of the Woods last year on Archie’s reef in 3 to 4 foot waves. I was surprised how good it worked.

iowa_josh

If you aren’t in rough water, two heavy anchors on short rope with a bungee in like so you don’t drag them. Two people can have six rods out here so we bobber fish more. In my small boat, I use a brake rotor for anchor. Most anchors need an angle to set and if you anchor with a short line, they might drag easily and mess you up. Good luck.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.