Boat crash, what happened?

• grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

This post is why social media and internet BS (forums) are wrecking society. All that should be said here is good thing the guy is alive, not internet sleuths determining what happened from a video. Everything that happens now is real time in video, chat, etc. and other crap. This just feeds people’s craw to dig up, find whatever they can to spin a negative light on it.
    Im rambling, but bottom line, why are we even discussing it?
    Did people discuss when you cracked up Dads car when you were 16? Did they assume you were under the influence, driving to fast, etc.? F*** NO they didn’t.
    Find something better to do with your time than find the negative in something that could have been fatal!

Yes, you crack up your car or dad’s car and you’ll be investigated for dui…… and should be.
    Could have been fatal, next one could be too, unless we educate people on how to safely drive a boat.

munchy
    NULL

He MAY have hit a dock, he doesn’t know, nor does anyone else. They found a dock section a few hundred years away, after the fact. I’ve hit my share of logs over the years in vnp. You won’t miss it. Even a small 2″ diameter stick you can hear and feel hit the boat or engine. There’s no way he launched off a dock without knowing it.
    The bow won’t lift if you hit something with the motor only. It’ll dive down if anything. Simple physics. Watch the video from the Mississippi on this thread from a couple years ago.
    That’s why it’s being debated. Everyone saying it’s a freak accident is wrong, it was very preventable. The guy was skipping 2.5ft waves at 60mph and lost control. The right thing would be to admit he screwed up and warn others of the danger in driving like that.

Is it going to affect your life in any way if he apologizes for something he may or may not have done 1000 miles away from you?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>grubson wrote:</div>

He MAY have hit a dock, he doesn’t know, nor does anyone else. They found a dock section a few hundred years away, after the fact. I’ve hit my share of logs over the years in vnp. You won’t miss it. Even a small 2″ diameter stick you can hear and feel hit the boat or engine. There’s no way he launched off a dock without knowing it.
    The bow won’t lift if you hit something with the motor only. It’ll dive down if anything. Simple physics. Watch the video from the Mississippi on this thread from a couple years ago.
    That’s why it’s being debated. Everyone saying it’s a freak accident is wrong, it was very preventable. The guy was skipping 2.5ft waves at 60mph and lost control. The right thing would be to admit he screwed up and warn others of the danger in driving like that.

Is it going to affect your life in any way if he apologizes for something he may or may not have done 1000 miles away from you?

Possibly, educating reckless boat driver’s could make all lakes safer. Even ones 1000 miles away. Telling the entire fishing community that is perfectly OK to drive like that could make all lakes more dangerous, even ones 1000 miles away.

Ripjiggen

This thread just has me shaking my head.

Riverrat

This thread just has me shaking my head.

Make sure you’re wearing your tether. It could be a sign you’re about to be tossed in the air..

big_g
    Isle, MN

Grabbed a fresh roll….. I am set !!! chased

It just keeps going. jester

On a brighter note… it sounds like those who work in the industry that relies on tips… you won’t be paying taxes on them after this election !

Deuces

I think grubson was touched in a naughty spot by a bass fisherman at a young age.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

jester It’s just like the energizer bunny, keeps going and going and going. I do keep checking in to see if we’ve gotten to the bottom of what happened. Seems nobody knows for sure. devil

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have only hit one log thankfully and in a deep walleye boat no where near a bass rig like that. I will tell you I knew the moment I hit it, and it cost over 7k to fix it. As far as was he driving to fast, looks like it to me. I am also in the camp that thinks he messed up and do not think he hit something. Doesn’t really matter either way it’s his story to tell. Why he shared the video to them come up with a story I have a hard time understanding.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Watch just past the 1:20 Mark. This guy hits an underwater dock section that was submerged. They found it floating 1,000 yards away after the crash happened. Had to have been it.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I think grubson was touched in a naughty spot by a bass fisherman at a young age.

That’s a perverted thing to say. You’re hilarious.
    So sorry I’m passionate about having safe lakes without ignorant boat driver’s.

B-man

That old video was the first thing I thought of when I watched the crash in the recent one.

I’m not saying in the new video that he didn’t hit anything, but what happened can certainly happen by going too fast in a glitter ship for the conditions.

Driving fast is fun, but you still need to keep your boat under control.

I’ve had my Grady White completely airborne more than once in heavy seas (4’+), but going much slower and safer (20-25 mph)

Sometimes it’s on purpose, other times I wasn’t quite expecting to hear the exhaust rip, but still in control for an old white boat jester

I’d also like to see a close up of his skeg. I’ve only hit wood twice with my big boat, but both times my speedo-hole was jammed with wood.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This thread just has me shaking my head.[/quote

Don’t shake it to fast, you might get dizzy

CaptainMusky

I’d also like to see a close up of his skeg. I’ve only hit wood twice with my big boat, but both times my speedo-hole was jammed with wood.

That’s exactly what happened to me when I hit that log. Didn’t hear or see a thing but felt the hit and speedo quit.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Riverrat wrote:</div>
    In Ottertail County last weekend four young boys were saved from drowning after their boat sank, one older gentleman died after falling off his pontoon. Last year 1 death was recorded from boating. I don’t know who this guy is that lost his motor but he must either be a famous fisherman, or he’s all up on your nuts because honestly I think we all have boater safety issues closer to home that we could be focusing all this attention on.

What’s your suggestion? Practice and preach safe boating practices? I think the pros should be the first to preach it as the young guys look up to them.

I’ll teach my own kids how to drive a boat…

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

As a group of IDO sleuths with sepecific areas of expertise, we need the driver to answer a few more direct questions to get to the bottom of what really happened:

-Was he vaccinated at all before driving that day or at any point since 2020?

-Does he agree with Mille Lacs’ current management system?

-Was he using FFS within 30 minutes prior to the crash?

-Is he at all related to the Pohlads?

picklerick
    Central WI

I would also like to know if the bass were hitting on chunks of hot dog dangled under a Snoopy bobber that day. Oh, wait, isn’t that every day? devil

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I’m glad this is so entertaining for some of you guys.
    Here a guy nearly lost his life doing something foolish and instead of discussing safe boating practices we defend him because he’s a pro he must know how to drive a boat or just make jokes. Classy.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

As a group of IDO sleuths with sepecific areas of expertise, we need the driver to answer a few more direct questions to get to the bottom of what really happened:

-Was he vaccinated at all before driving that day or at any point since 2020?

-Does he agree with Mille Lacs’ current management system?

-Was he using FFS within 30 minutes prior to the crash?

-Is he at all related to the Pohlads?

Hilarious!

I want to remind you all to wash your hands (and maybe your phone) when you are done reading IDO today!

isu22andy

Look at the bright side at least everyone forgot about B-man’s furry post rotflol

picklerick
    Central WI

Here a guy nearly lost his life doing something foolish and instead of discussing safe boating practices we defend him because he’s a pro he must know how to drive a boat or just make jokes. Classy.

I think that horse is beaten to death already. Classless? Me? Youbetcha.

Riverrat

I find it funny when people get shitmixed by the buffalo too. I know to stay the hell away from buffalo now, and also to wear a tether or I will end up on Youtube.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Look at the bright side at least everyone forgot about B-man’s furry post rotflol

lol, I did. It doesn’t take too long for that to happen on here

Ripjiggen

He’s right IDO members. Wear your life jacket. Wear your kill switch. Oh yeah he was doing that.

Oh….don’t buy a stupid bass boat. jester

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Or maybe just learn to drive your boat before going full send.
    Your right a pfd and a kill switch won’t save you at 60mph

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Watch just past the 1:20 Mark. This guy hits an underwater dock section that was submerged.

It looks like he hit the dock section with the back end of his boat when it was landing after going airborne. The wave jumping at high speed is what caused the crash. It said he was unconscious in the water for 10 minutes, did the camera boat leave him in the water until he came to?

I thought when the boat starts chine walking you’re supposed to back off on the throttle.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i havent read this whole thread……..

but……is this the guy EPG wants to take a boat ride with??

CaptainMusky

i havent read this whole thread……..

but……is this the guy EPG wants to take a boat ride with??

Yes

blackbay
    mn

Boy, from the comments you’d think it was late January after a week of -20 degree temps.

Ripjiggen

For you long poopers here in IDO.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.