Boat Cover Snaps Not Holding

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Anyone have an idea for increasing hold capability on boat cover snaps? Several repeatedly popped loose when traveling over 60 mph last weekend. Travel cover is around 10 years old so expect there is some wear or dimentional changes in the snap hardware. This is a glass boat so don’t really want to re-drill if I don’t have to.

-1st response that suggests not driving over 60 mph gets a free bucket of milfoil.

Thanks much

Pete

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

Interesting topic, I had a new custom cover made and used the elastic straps and my cover has a giant bow in the middle when going down the road….

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I have issues with a few of mine when it gets cold. Just a dab of superglue on the backedge of the snap has worked the few times ive tried it without any built up residue.

Installing new snaps on the canvas and the boat is super easy. Kits at any big box store. I reused the existing holes in tin and has held thus far well.

ld123456

I had 2 snaps that were coming off during driving so I replaced the bottom half of the snap. That’s the part on the boat, just reused the hole thats already there and it worked.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I had 2 snaps that were coming off during driving so I replaced the bottom half of the snap. That’s the part on the boat, just reused the hole thats already there and it worked.

+1 Drill out rivet and replace.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

take a look at the females on the cover, they might have rotated out of position.

HRG

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Drive slower…

Please deliver my bucket to wright county.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I replaced some of the snaps on both the boat side and cover side over time and it solves all those issues. Just the simple store kits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.