Boat care products

• acarroline

Hot sauce, Boat Drip, vinegar-water, Boat juice… What have you used to bring back the shine back to seats/consoles, motor cowlings, hull/sides of boat, trailers, and windshield bubbles. Tried the armor all and windex but didn’t get great results.

Should note I’d guess this is more than 1 product with the different surfaces involved.

B-man

“The Works” toilet bowl cleaner does magic on boats that need a lot of love. It turns hours of elbow grease into minutes.

Wear PPE, avoid bare metals (especially galvanized metal), and rinse thoroughly.

It does wonders on painted boats, fiberglass boats, outboards, glass and plastic.

walleyesforme

Lucas Slick Mist is all I use. That stuff is amazing! Works on any kind of surface, even glass. I haven’t really seen it anywhere but Menards. It’s in a purple bottle. You won’t be disappointed.

mmitties
    SE MN

I use Vinegar/water and Lucas spray mist on the exterior of the boat. For the seats and console in my boat and truck I use 303 marine aerospace protectant.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I honestly wash my boat 1 or 2 times a year. I get kinda lazy with cleaning my boat.

Between washes I use Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Spray.

Last winter I did a paint correction on the hull, then used GTechniq EXOv5 then Crystal Serum Light. That is likely the largest reason for less water spots but the Turtle Wax honestly works better than I ever expected.

I literally do not have to wipe the boat down after pulling if from the water. My boat is pretty much void of any water after my drive home, about 3 miles from the landing.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Hot Sauce is great to use consistently right when you take the boat out of the water. Pretty quick spray down and wipe off but it’s not meant for the heavy cleaning.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I mix 50/50 water and vinegar with a splash of wax for water spots. I ceramic coated my boat and motor, so all I really need to to is rinse off after use. I use Aerospace 303 on all inside plastic and seats. Window cleaner on the glass then coat with rain X once a year.

Stanley

I use Lucas products for inside and out. I like that they are water based instead of silicone based like armorall. Also wax the boat once a year which helps a lot. If the paint is really bad it may need a light sand and buff to bring it back. Had to do that on a Lund once that we just couldn’t get the water spots off any other way. No matter what products are used the best way to keep a boat looking nice (if that’s what your goal is) is to stay on top of it. For me it’s easier to clean my boat after every trip or few trips then try to get a season or years worth of neglect off at once.

acarroline

In my amazon cart now… sound like a decent plan???

303 Aersopace Marine protectant: plan to use on console, seats, topside of boat

Rain X 2n1 rain repellant and glass cleaner for the bubbles/windshields

Premium Boat Scuff Erasers: for cleaning up scuffs on the exterior of the boat

Lucas Oil Slick Mist Marine Speed Wax: Boat exterior and motor cowling

3 pack of Chemical Guys Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels, Blue (16 Inch x 16 Inch) : one for rain x, 1 for 303, one for Slick Mist

Stanley

I would get another 3pack of towels. I usually use one per side when I use the slick mist. When they get wet it’s harder to get the streaks off.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hot Sauce is great to use consistently right when you take the boat out of the water. Pretty quick spray down and wipe off but it’s not meant for the heavy cleaning.

I agree. If you use it soon after finishing with a microfiber towel, it does a good job. Spray on, wipe off, easy peasy.

For a deeper cleaning or removing nastier scum or stains, it doesn’t work so well. I rarely let my boat get like that though.

I also use Vinyl Sauce on my seats and Condition sauce on everything once a year.

AK Guy

The cowling on my Yamaha kicker motor is getting sun faded. Any suggestions on how to bring it back to life?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I honestly wash my boat 1 or 2 times a year.

5th season for my boat. I’ve washed it twice. Now vacuuming the inside and compartments is done a few times a season.

What product should I use to get a plastic dock rub off? The plastic rub rail on a public dock. Came in kinda hot one time a few years ago!!

bclii
    MN/AZ

I have used JJV’s best for the last decade with great success. They have one for glass and painted aluminum, one for raw mill finish aluminum like toon’s!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Buff it out and put a good wax on it.

The cowling on my Yamaha kicker motor is getting sun faded. Any suggestions on how to bring it back to life?

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>
    I honestly wash my boat 1 or 2 times a year.

5th season for my boat. I’ve washed it twice. Now vacuuming the inside and compartments is done a few times a season.

What product should I use to get a plastic dock rub off? The plastic rub rail on a public dock. Came in kinda hot one time a few years ago!!

You could try a clay bar, if that doesn’t work, then try a light cutting pad, normally orange with some polish. A DA would be ideal, but not required.

Or the 3M Wonder Wheel can also be a good option. You may need a light polish after using the Wonder Wheel. That can normally be done by hand.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

303 is a protectant, so you’ll want to clean the vinyl with another product first, and then apply the 303.

acarroline

In my amazon cart now… sound like a decent plan???

Rain X 2n1 rain repellant and glass cleaner for the bubbles/windshields

Premium Boat Scuff Erasers: for cleaning up scuffs on the exterior of the boat

Lucas Oil Slick Mist Marine Speed Wax: Boat exterior and motor cowling

3 pack of Chemical Guys Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels, Blue (16 Inch x 16 Inch) : one for rain x, 1 for 303, one for Slick Mist

Put some elbow grease, time, and product into the boat this weekend. Looks amazing! I’m sure there are a lot of great products but the ones listed above worked great for me in the areas I planned. Good call on more microfiber towels…needed. Also good call on cleaning surfaces first before products.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.