Boat – AM/FM Antenna

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

My Crestliner has an old school telescoping metal antenna for the AM/FM radio deck. It broke last year and I need to replace it. I was leaning towards replacing with the same thing – the nice part is it telescopes down when I put my bow cover or storage cover on.

The only replacements I’m seeing are the rubber / flexible type antennas, which are fine. But I haven’t seen one that folds to lay flat (as so it will fit under the cover)

Has anyone else run into this? Any recommendations?

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Mine on my Pro V does both. Check with your dealer. I’m sure he can get one.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The rubber one on my camper just requires loosening a screw and it lays flat.

lindyrig79

The rubber one on my camper just requires loosening a screw and it lays flat.

I think the one I looked at today was like that. But, when my boat is floating in the harbor I throw the bow cover on fairly often if rain is coming. Also cover it every weekend and don’t really want to have to grab a screwdriver and loosen a screw each time if I don’t have to

B-man

I’m sure you could replace the screw with a star-knob to make it more user friendly waytogo

Also likely if you get a nice 4′ antenna that it will get pretty good reception even laid down.

Iowaboy1

those antennas like that were identical to ones used on buicks,pontiacs,and oldsmobiles of the eighties.
    I have the same set up in my starcraft and like it well enough I will replace it.’
    might want to try rockauto if you cant find one at a marine supply store like sierra,boatsusa,marineengine.com,seastar solutions and the like.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Check out the following on Amazon: AntennaMastsRus – Manual Antenna Kit

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The only replacements I’m seeing are the rubber / flexible type antennas, which are fine. But I haven’t seen one that folds to lay flat (as so it will fit under the cover)

You can just un-screw the antenna and remove it when it is not needed or in the way.

-J.

Kyhl
    Savage

You can just un-screw the antenna and remove it when it is not needed or in the way.

-J.

Yep. The OP is over thinking this. I use the rubber antenna, no set screw.
    Friday night, cover off, screw the antenna on, drop in the water.
    Sunday afternoon, pull it out of the water, unscrew the antenna and throw it in the bow, cover on.
    Repeat the next weekend.

lindyrig79

Good ideas. Thanks Guys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.