Bluetooth sounds like a dental issue, but I wouldn’t be without it!

• Spoon Minnow

At my age keeping up with tech advances and new devices is cumbersome and a real p.in the a. But now that I know the advantages of having a bluetooth device, I’m thankful. Some beneficial examples:
    For the first time I found out that I needed a hearing aid. They’ve come a long way from the large behind-the-ear aids of yesteryear. (Growing up I still can’t remember why I thought kids that had to wear them were disabled and dorky.) The ear thing is still present but now the settings for each person’s ears are made remotely by computer due to bluetooth. I can download an equalizer app for the hearing aid that allows me to control bass and treble frequencies when listening to mp3 music on my music/video/camera/FM radio player. What a change from vinyl records and speakers! The hearing aid also has background noise reduction.

Hands-off comes to mind via b.t. The cellphone communicates with the car radio so no more holding the phone while driving. My hearing aid and mp3 ear buds allows me to listen to my bluetooth mp3 player that has over 100 songs loaded so no more wired headphones. I can listen to music on the next floor away from the player or 100′ away. (Wired headphones a must when mowing the lawn. I already lost one side and didn’t realize it until only one side was heard when the motor stopped.)

Sometimes I leave the h. aid home and use b.t. ear buds which have amazing stereo sound quality. Even my pc and TV have b.t. so listening is not a chore and the volume can stay WNL. (Of course now I can hear everything my wife says under her breath which is not pleasant. But hey sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.)

Pat K
    Empire, MN

It’s named after a Danish/Norwegian King, Harold the Bluetooth.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Attachments:
    1. bluetooth.jpg

Deuces

And I thought the anti skip on my cd Walkman was awesome

Spoon Minnow

Learn something new every other day, if I’m lucky.
    Still, they couldn’t come up with a better name?

LabDaddy1

Never knew the background of it. Learn something new often!

Pat K
    Empire, MN

It was introduced by Ericsson Technology a Swedish company. Harold was the last one to rule a united Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.