Blackstone Grill Sizing

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looking at the outdoor units. The 2 burner certainly has enough grill space but can it have a problem heating?
    Is 4 burners the way to go?

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I like the 36″ 4 burner. Most the time one end doesn’t get turned on or set at low and used as a warmer. Example- chicken fried rice, chicken hits the hot side cooks, move to the warm side while I drop the rice, veggies etc. then mix them altogether.

stevenoak

Don’t mean to derail, but I was looking at the 22” yesterday. Just the wife and I 95% of the time. Mostly to grille fish outside. Anyone have experience with the Sam’ Club clone for over $100 less. Sure rust resistant parts/ metal quality may be how they cut the price.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I have the three-dial one, with the two side burner (I think you can only get it at WalMart? Comes with a fryer pan – 28″ RangeTop Combo?). Rarely have I used all three areas at the same time on the griddle – usually light up two and use the non-lit side for warming. I have a homemade deep steel rectangular pan that fits exactly over the two side burners and I use that for frying fish. Works great!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Looking at the outdoor units. The 2 burner certainly has enough grill space but can it have a problem heating?

With a large gas grill, charcoal grill, and now looking at one of these…that’s a lot of space to take up in a garage. The 4 burner ones are nice, but solely due to the space they take up I’ll probably go with a smaller one after my gas grill meets its maker.

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

With a large gas grill, charcoal grill, and now looking at one of these…that’s a lot of space to take up in a garage. The 4 burner ones are nice, but solely due to the space they take up I’ll probably go with a smaller one after my gas grill meets its maker.

Why store it in the garage? Mines covered outdoors 100% of the time. 4 burner for me.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

That’s why I went with the smallest ones for smash burgers and stir fry’s. Plenty big for us and it sits on a shelf out of the way hardly taking up any room

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

late to the show but I have the 22″, 2 burner. It has no problems heating unless the wind is blowing, but you will have heat issues on any of them then.

Love the 22 for camping, I use mine once a week in summer, and more when camping.

that said, i would stay away from the 17″ single….it’s nice to have heat zones.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

late to the show but I have the 22″, 2 burner. It has no problems heating unless the wind is blowing, but you will have heat issues on any of them then.

Love the 22 for camping, I use mine once a week in summer, and more when camping.

Good info. Thanks. I initially was looking at that unit but we dont have anyplace to store it easily. I can cover and leave the stand unit on the porch or garage floor. After all the research I am now leaning towards the Pit Boss Griddle. You can remove from stand and I like the non stick surface that doesnt need to be oiled after every use.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Yep I have the 17 and it’s nice, but definitely would be nice to have two burners with more control, the 17 has a hot spot and cool edges. But it’s still plenty and couldn’t justify the more money for the bigger one.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Suzuki did you make the move on the pit boss yet? Was looking at them also
    There are a lot nicer than the Blackstone. One thing is the hinged cover. I wonder how long the coating will stay on the grill?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

There are a lot nicer than the Blackstone. One thing is the hinged cover. I wonder how long the coating will stay on the grill?

IDK if I would agree with that statement.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Not yet.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Just pick up pit boss 22 inch on sale at cabellas on sale for 264.00 shipping was free. Should be big enough for the two of us. I’ll post a review when I get it put together and fired up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.