Black Friday Deals

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Went to Fleet Farm in Rochester around 0630 this morning. I’ve never been anywhere that early on Black Friday, was not prepared for how busy/packed that place was! I’m seeing more and more each year that Black Friday deals are great if it’s something you wanted/needed anyway, but otherwise yeah, they’re sale prices, but if you didn’t NEED the item you just spent money you didn’t need to.

Having said that, things I wanted/needed did have some deals, so I spent roughly $200 on energy drinks, flannel, and an ice rod. If my wife asks none of you know this whistling

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Went to Fleet Farm in Rochester around 0630 this morning. I’ve never been anywhere that early on Black Friday, was not prepared for how busy/packed that place was!

Yes, normally I’m up north hunting coyotes on Black Friday, but since I was home and up at 6 AM anyway, I thought I’d venture to the local Menards and see what it was all about.

Oakdale Menards. Absolute bedlam. No parking places in the entire lot and 3 cars in every row jockeying for position in case anyone left. If you have never seen a Menards parking lot 120% full, it’s quite a sight.

Line inside at 6:45 was easily 300 people long. It extended 2 full lengths of the store, plus 10 people in line in front of every checkout. Easily a 2 hour wait to check out.

My son Henry and I had a good laugh when he started calling it a “buttbuster sale” and we left.

Grouse

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well I take back what I said about power tool sales. Fleet Farm has some AWESOME prices on DeWalt tools today.

I just picked up the 20v Brushless XR drill and impact driver kit(charger, 2 batteries, back, belt clips) for $167. Which is about $110 off.

owenhe

Black Friday discount must be bigger than usual, but there is also a trouble that it is easy to run out of goods, and it may take more time than usual.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I will never shop inside a store on blackfriday weekend for the rest of my life…it’s just not worth the hassle and dealing with ignorant people. Most stores now offer the “doorbuster” sales online anyways and cybermonday deals are sometimes even better.

Sharon
    SE Metro

People join to comment on the weirdest things. I’ll never understand it.

I was just thinking that too. And how did they end up commenting on such an old post? So weird.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

And how did they end up commenting on such an old post? So weird.

Most likely the result of a Google search. What surprises me is these folks actually create an account to add a comment.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

What Jon said. Most of the time our “spambot” catches these but the one like above isn’t linking to a product.

Speaking of Black Friday and Spambots… I’m all stocked up for our first major snow storm. I’m thinking I won’t be able to get out of the camper for days!!

Attachments:
    1. Stocked-up-again.jpg

2. Stocked-up.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Fish USA has $40 off $200 purchase. Got a Lithium shuttle for $209.99

Amazon $199 yesterday!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

What Jon said. Most of the time our “spambot” catches these but the one like above isn’t linking to a product.

Speaking of Black Friday and Spambots… I’m all stocked up for our first major snow storm. I’m thinking I won’t be able to get out of the camper for days!!

rotflol rotflol turkey spam?????????

i wouldnt go anywhere remotely close to any store on black fridays cept maybe the local grocery store OR the liquor store!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Of course!

i wouldnt go anywhere remotely close to any store on black fridays cept maybe the local grocery store OR the liquor store!!!!!!

Didn’t you hear Glenn, we’ll be snowed in!

Attachments:
    1. large_9cc998dd-2e71-41f0-9bbd-c4ffa6116769.jpg

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

My wife still does Black Friday. I think it’s more a tradition for her and her mom and now our oldest daughter then anything. They used to come home with a haul, now it’s a few items at best. This year she is going to Target for the Iphone deal where you get a 200.00 Target gift card. Which will go for my youngest daughters new Xbox. We mostly do cyber Monday.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Of course!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

Didn’t you hear Glenn, we’ll be snowed in!

yea i heard……i didnt go to sioux falls today because of it. i got enough to last me a few days!!!!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

wasnt black friday designed to start christmas present shopping???????

from what i see its more about getting stuff for them goofy shoppers personal lists then others??????

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

How do you “save” money by spending it?

I’ve never understood that.

Exactly. The biggest scam in the world.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>biggill wrote:</div>
    How do you “save” money by spending it?

I’ve never understood that.

Exactly. The biggest scam in the world.

But you see, purchasing said item is always a foregone conclusion. So I can purchase it today for $150, or tomorrow for $200. Therefore, by the end of tomorrow I will have $50 more if I buy it today!

/s

owenhe

It seems that you are very experienced. I didn’t spread garbage information, but provided useful information. Isn’t that offensive to you?

B-man

Black Friday discount must be bigger than usual, but there is also a trouble that it is easy to run out of goods, and it may take more time than usual.

Is this a riddle?

Seven…..my answer is seven

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent deals on Vex.28’s.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Wife crapped her pants when I said I wanted motor oil for christmas. $8 for 5qt full synthetic…now that’s a savings! Told her to buy as many as she’s willing to carry.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Where at?

Wife crapped her pants when I said I wanted motor oil for christmas. $8 for 5qt full synthetic…now that’s a savings! Told her to buy as many as she’s willing to carry.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Striker suit at fishusa

Attachments:
    1. 72D0DD8E-71FF-4C41-8954-204444531A65.png

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Best boot I’ve ever worn. Plus 15% off it looks like

Baffin impacts. Backcountry.com

Attachments:
    1. 44373FEF-E8C1-4B26-BDFA-7C425F3D1AB6.png

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Show up in person at Joe’s…standard 20% off stuff. You can actually buy St. Croix and Shimano with limited stock on hand.

bigpike

Im doing the sensible thing and going fishing

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Where at?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gixxer01 wrote:</div>

Fleet Farm.

Valvoline is $8. Mobil 1 is $14

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d rather light my hair on fire than go shopping today!!

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’d rather light my hair on fire than go shopping today!!

Easy to say if one is bald, just saying. wave

I saw a couple items in the Fleet Farm ad. Sat down and ordered them for store pickup. I may have to wait in the pickup line but at least I’m not fighting elbow to elbow throughout the store.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.