Bitter and Waubay

• catchindeers54
    Anoka county

Headed out to Webster, South dakota this weekend to try my luck on some perch and walleyes. This will be my first time fishing these waters and just looking for any tips or advice. Thanks!

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

You can call the Sportsman’s Cove Bait Shop in Webster and a recording will give the latest info on all the area lakes. They have great bait and nice people to chat with.
    605-345-3468

tornadochaser

Bring an auger extension if you have one. Good luck, the perch bite has been really tough this year throughout the season. Things are starting to pick up though when we can get a run of warmer stable weather.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

You may want to call to see if they are advising vehicle traffic. Our recent storm dropped some wet heavy snow that turned into some giant drifts. I’m assuming traveling across the ice will be tough.

catchindeers54
    Anoka county

Thanks everyone for the responses. Would anyone recommend a certain color or presentation that seems to produce more than others???

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Red is a good starting point or gold.

tornadochaser

Thanks everyone for the responses. Would anyone recommend a certain color or presentation that seems to produce more than others???

Bring the kitchen sink. Honestly, the bite has been so up and down this winter you can’t rely on any one method/bait. Night bite has picked up for walleyes however.

Justin riegel

My got to for eyes on a deadstick was a blue/white gem n eye #6 and then a pink 6.8 mm pink tungsten jig with a smallish minnow for jigging. also caught them jigging a green and white spoon with just a head.

bassmaster16

Shouldn’t be too hard for you! Webster area fish cooperate a lot better than most other fish. Good luck!

catchindeers54
    Anoka county

Lets just say the weather was great for the 4 days we were there. If it hadn’t been so nice out I think the trip would have been cut short. Fishing was hard, marked fish, lots of lookers, not many takers.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I hear ya! We were out there too during the same time. Toughest fishing I’ve ever had there… not sure how many holes we drilled in 3 1/2 days but it was a lot. Over 1,000 at least. Checked tons of spots where I’ve caught fish in the past and just didn’t mark fish. When we did get on fish we couldn’t seem to get them really going where you stack them up quick. Everybody took fish home but it sure was tough!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.