BIG Yellow Perch and Some Big Trout!

• Tyler Thimsen

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

Went out recently with a buddy to get after some warm water species for the first time this ice season! Had a bit of a grindy time but the weather was great and I was in good company!

Got some good Perch, Shattered my Yellow Perch PB (12.75″), and got a surprise Ice PB Trout at 20″+! The trout was quite the fight as I was using 3# Micro Ice Trilene and had to keep putting my rod in the water so the line wouldn’t rub on the bottom side of the hole! During the late part of the afternoon the ice got a bit noisy and we had a crack go right under us that made us pucker up quite a bit😂😂

Enjoy the video everyone! If you don’t have the time, pics as always😃
    Can’t believe how well this ice season has gone so far! Wasn’t expecting to break this many PB’s already!

Attachments:
    1. YPYP5.jpg

2. YPYP4.jpg

3. YPYP3.jpg

4. YPYP2.jpg

5. YPYP1.jpg

Sylvanboat

30 miles west of Chicago. I wish we had perch like that.

bigpike

300 miles north of Chicago and 90 miles west. I wish we had perch like that
    jester

Tyler Thimsen

30 miles west of Chicago. I wish we had <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch like that.

I thought they got huge up North?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There used to be a fair amount of jumbos swimming the waters up here. That was until people realized how good they tasted.

Quite difficult to find those jumbos on a regular basis anymore and they take years to reach that size too.

Tyler Thimsen

There used to be a fair amount of jumbos swimming the waters up here. That was until people realized how good they tasted.

Quite difficult to find those jumbos on a regular basis anymore and they take years to reach that size too.

Makes sense, sorry to hear!

jime

Those are great perch but that rainbow is special !
    Well done and Thanks.
    tweed

Sylvanboat

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sylvanboat wrote:</div>
    30 miles west of Chicago. I wish we had <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch like that.

I thought they got huge up North?

Lake Michigan was a great perch fishery a long time ago. I have heard it is coming back but I have not fished it for several years.

Tyler Thimsen

Those are great perch but that rainbow is special !
    Well done and Thanks.
    tweed

Sorry been out of town hitting some different water/branching out…Appreciate that, it was such a fun fight on 3# test.

Tyler Thimsen

ught they got huge up North?

Lake Michigan was a great perch fishery a long time ago. I have heard it is coming back but I have not fished it for several years.

Well hopefully so, sad to hear when that happens.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.