Big Pond

• Brandon P

Heading out on this weekend for my annual fathers day trip (yes its a week early) and were going out of eddys. Wondering what has been working on the west/south west side.

Thanks!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

By the looks of the reports from the resorts, anything and everything seems to be working. Sorry for not much help, I haven’t been out yet on the soft water bawling Just go out and do your thing. If you’re not catching anything after a little bit, move.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I was out yesterday for 7 hours. Very slow for us after that front went through. Mainly focused on shoreline structure during the day. 5 walleyes and 1 bass. Bobbered for about an hour before dark and picked up 4 more waalleyes. There were boats on the flats but we never fished them.

Matt

Smokercraft161

We are also heading up tonight for our first tip up for a couple days & also out of Eddy’s access, looks like weather may be cooperative. Heard good things, looking forward to it. Maybe see you in the area. Good luck!

Brandon P

My dad and his buddy are already up there and pulled a 25″. Ill be heading that way for the night bite and all day tomorrow!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Andy………yo Andy, we need a Mille Lacs report. You out there? jester

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

After struggling a little fishing shallow the other day I decided to give it another try today focusing on the flats. Took my 7 year old fishing buddy and of course he outfished me (wouldn’t have it any other way!!) Walleyes were on every flat I went to. I had the best results on the top edge. Rigging leeches.

Matt

Attachments:
    1. 20180609_195640.jpg

2. 20180609_175906.jpg

3. 20180609_182650.jpg

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

For me, it was slow in shallow back on Memorial Day weekend. I hit the flats and had a great time.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Andy………yo Andy, we need a Mille Lacs report. You out there? jester

Yep…I’m out there. You may be shocked though. Bass are such an easy catch now, I’ve converted to a bassman. Pulling these in right off the dock.

Attachments:
    1. 20180609_194341.jpg

MNdrifter

Nice one Andy! Bet those put up a good fight!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Awesome to see the little guy out fishing you Matt! I agree every flat seems to have active walleyes right now. Lots of fun fishing going on for the family to enjoy!

Smokercraft161

Well, our trip last Sat. Sun out of Garrison was fun, mainly trolled looking for pike, my wife ended up getting six 23″-29″ & a couple 23″ walleyes to boot, so she was happy. I got one 25″ walleye while pitching in search of smallies. Pretty windy on Sunday, went to south end, but not much happening. Coming back 24-26th with my son’s. hoping to find the smallies this time, maybe have to try the east side. Wanted to fish out of Isle Sunday, but there must have been a tournament, a lot of boats coming off & didn’t want to get in the way.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Headed over yesterday with my 15 year old to give it a try. Plan was to head out from Fisher’s to the flats and fish til noon for eyes, then head in to the rocks south of Fishers and fish smallies until we had to head back home at 3:30.
    Unfortunately mother nature decided differently for us. Was at their dock at 8:30, and Greg confirmed there were eyes on the flats. Headed out to shermans and blue jug in a light SE wind. Well, by the time we had covered the 5 miles out, it was blowing good, and after trying for a half hour to make it work, rigging for eyes was just not in the cards. Especially with winds forecasted to only pick up as the day went on. I was bummed, as even for the short time we were out there, I was marking fish all over the place frown

So we headed back towards shore, and started on the shoreline aways south of Agate bay reef. Fished mostly in the 7-10′ range, and although it wasnt hot and heavy, we did catch some very nice smallies on tubes.
    And as luck would have it, my son landed his PB smallie to date, a 19.5″ sow that was full of spawn yay Could barely get a hand around her belly to drop her back in. So that made our day for sure. Always great to spend a few hours in the boat with the FS (favorite son, ok, only son grin )

Brandon P

We had a decent weekend. Boated about 20 eyes and 1 smallie. We trolled a reef off indian point and found some 23″-25″ fish along with some 16″-18″. Leaches were the trick with no spinner. Got out fished 5-1 with a spinner so naturally had to go “naked” rigging and it worked!
    Sunday morning was fast and furious until the wind picked up then it was a struggle to keep on a line.
    Had great time fishing with the old man and had decent weather considering how that lake can get!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Any you guys who went out last weekend/this week deal with the bug swarms?

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Not a bug to be seen on the water or at the resort yesterday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The mud flats is where the really big fish are. If you can get out there, it gets rough in a hurry when the wind is blowing though. Lindy rigs with leeches or spinner rigs with crawlers will both work.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Was at a work function at Eddys this last Monday and Tuesday. Fished right out in front of the resort off an island (never fished this part of lake before) in under 16′ of water. Monday must have been 20 something on the launch we caught well over 100 walleyes with many 24, 25 biggest 27. Tuesday smaller group and slower fishing still probably 40 or so fish caught, my biggest was 28 1/2″ with some 25, 26 thrown in. Great fishing. Ran into a couple of Bassmaster anglers fishing before going to the tournament in La Crosse and couldn’t been nicer and easy to talk to. Learned a few things and they had pictures of huge bass they had caught. I have never tried it but will be going up to be a bass fisherman (until I give up and go for walleyes)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.