BIG GILLS and some decent LMB

• Tyler Thimsen

Been a fun summer fishing for Trout at High Elevations…We figured we would switch it up and target some warmwater species during the day for this one. Woke up early for a short, mile walk in for the morning bite! When we pulled up it was high 50’s and the high temp was supposed to be low 100’s for the day, so we didn’t want to stay past 1030-1100. No wind AT ALL until the last 30 minutes of fishing.

Had a great time landing into some Giant Gills and a handful of LMB…The LMB were all from 0.25LBS to 2LBs, no giant bass but a couple of good fighters. We used several techniques to pull them in, including the chatterbait, ned rig (various sizes), and small swimbaits! Lots of good hits throwing tight around the vegetation, reaching the topwater column!! Chatterbait trailer was the Gary Yamamoto Zako Trailer (Chartreuse Shad) and the ned rig trailer we were using was mostly Canada Craw/Watermelon Red.

Hope you guys enjoy the video and/or the pics!!🎣🎣🎣

Attachments:
    1. BnB2.jpg

2. BnB4.jpg

3. BnB1.jpg

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Much for mosquitos out there? Spend an hour around my area in central mn and you couldn’t donate blood to red cross if you wanted to. You haven’t got any left!

Tyler Thimsen

Much for mosquitos out there? Spend an hour around my area in central mn and you couldn’t donate blood to red cross if you wanted to. You haven’t got any left!

When the sun comes out around here at this low of elevation, the mosquitoes hide away…At higher elevations, they usually stay out and are as bad as the boundary waters of Minnesota in the summer! Colorado has that dry heat so they act a little different, compared to the humidity of up north…I used to live in Duluth, Minnesota and all of my family is spread out across Minneapolis😀 When the mosquitoes are bad though I still break out the 98% DEET over here!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.