Big bluegills!

• riverruns
    Inactive

With hands like that claiming those gills are 10″ and better you must be in the NBA. I agree with what you said. You have real big hands.

eyeguy54

you need a measuring trough. )

eyeguy54

try this one

hmmmm, somebody teach me how to add a link… LOL

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ll get a tape on them and measure them for you next time! My buddy had a bump board in the other house, but I wasn’t bothering to measure since I wasn’t keeping anything. They aren’t very tall in this specific lake, nutbI’ll get a good video of these same fish in the summer when they’re taller and look like dinner plates.

As for the NBA comment, f*** that, I hate basketball, I gave up sports in high school to persue hunting and fishing more. But basketball was the worst sport, never played but man screw that!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

These gills pictured in the front were 9.5 to 9.75 on the tape and the ones in the back were around the 8 inch mark. So I can’t imagine the a 10.5 inch gill.

Attachments:
    1. Gills-12-15-18-1.jpg

CShelltrack

Looks fun! It’s better than getting skunked! But if that’s an 8 inch hole, those fish didn’t even touch both sides of it. I do know a spot where there are beastly bluegills and perch.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Alright, for the naysayers, here’s a fish from the same lake, roughly the same size I’ve been catching from here. Caught many a bit smaller and only one bigger. Not as many biggins since it’s been being fished hard by some locals.

Attachments:
    1. Snapchat-1391085809.jpg

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Nice fish! But like previous posters said, a gill 10+ is a different animal. They look different, kinda like how a 30+ eye, or 13+ perch look.

B-man

Hard to read the numbers, can’t tell if that one is 10″ or 10.5″??…..

For what it’s worth, the biggest bluegill of my life was 10.25″

eyeguy54

nice 9.75 incher. please remember to let any bulls over 9 back in zee water. the fish angles will reward you. )

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I tend to release anything over 9. That 8 to 9 is the best eating range for bluegills in my opinion. Unfortunately it’s not my biggest one. My biggest to date is 11 but that was in the summer and had a big Ole belly. I’m holding out for a 12 for the wall!

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

That picture shows. 9 3/4. Not 9 7/8.
    But its your story, tell it like you want
    jester

B-man

That picture shows. 9 3/4. Not 9 7/8.
    But its your story, tell it like you want
    jester

I hope he’s not a finish carpenter waytogo

The other day I was pounding 24″ walleyes one after another.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190105_154315.jpg

robby
    Quad Cities

Alright, for the naysayers, here’s a fish from the same lake, roughly the same size I’ve been catching from here. Caught many a bit smaller and only one bigger. Not as many biggins since it’s been being fished hard by some locals.

Pretty fish no doubt but still without any visual reference from which to judge size. Tape measure, dollar bill, pop can etc…

robby
    Quad Cities

Nice fish! But like previous posters said, a gill 10+ is a different animal. They look different, kinda like how a 30+ eye, or 13+ perch look.

No big hump on forehead, dark color etc…. cant bs bsers! I expanded pic and see tape now. Great fish but still not a 10.

ld123456

Nice fish, thanks for the video

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>

Pretty fish no doubt but still without any visual reference from which to judge size. Tape measure, dollar bill, pop can etc…

It’s literally laying on a tape measure.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Is that a 16″ hole you are fishing?? devil

eyeguy54

lol. funny thread. I am a fish measuring junkie. pic on tape is 9.75. easy to see. Also nice that you closed mouth, bumped board and pinched tail. everybody can learn from your pic. ) I hear about lottsa 10 inch plus gills but dont see them on a board. Heres a few pretty fish. All getting bigger hopefully. ) Still searching for my first 11 incher. Maybe someday.

Attachments:
    1. 2-1.jpg

2. 1-2.jpg

3. 1228a.jpg

4. 319a.jpg

5. 228b.jpg

6. 220g.jpg

7. 213b.jpg

eyeguy54

3 from the kayak

Attachments:
    1. 61e.jpg

2. 61c.jpg

3. 61b.jpg

4. 61a.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dang eyeguy. Call me next time. I want some sunnies like that.

basseyes

Eyeguy54,

Nice fish.

Cool bump board, what’s the story on it, homemade, what’s it made out of, etc?

basseyes

Kid put it on a bumper and it hit 9-11/16″, most would just call it 9.75″, especially with the mouth closed and pushed up to the bumper. Props for putting one on a bumper.

Was skeptical of the length, but one or two of the fish in the video, the fin’s are folded over when touching the other edge of the whole.

The fish look skinny compared to a normal bigger gil, like the ones in eyeguy54’s pics. That kinda plays some optical funny business, and you would think that would make them look longer. That one on the tape has one skinny belly on it and no tell tale shoulders or knob on the head, so it seems like they might not be as big as they are. But a bumper board doesn’t lie.

If you’re claiming 10″ers, people are going to question it cause of the rarity of a 10″ gil.

Thanks for sharing, and keep at it no matter what criticism and critiques you get.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Nice fish everyone.
    Question to rjthehunter, is it really that necessary to record while driving??? For goodness sakes. I’ve yet to see a true professional show record themselves while on the road. Please keep your eyes on the road and of the damn camera till you get to the lake.
    End rant.

eyeguy54

MSRD Board. Friend makes them. Look him up and tell him I sent ya to pay 10% more… LOL

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Nice fish everyone.
    Question to rjthehunter, is it really that necessary to record while driving??? For goodness sakes. I’ve yet to see a true professional show record themselves while on the road. Please keep your eyes on the road and of the damn camera till you get to the lake.
    End rant.

I get it. It’s the same as talking to someone in the passanger seat. You can see I’m paying more attention to the road and even checking my blind spot before making a lane change! For some reason I’ve always tried to shoot the intro as I’m on my way since when I get there I don’t want to wait to start fishing…

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

I got dibs on eyeguy54s board if he ever wants to sell it. That thing is awesome.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pailofperch wrote:</div>
    Nice fish everyone.
    End rant.

I get it. It’s the same as talking to someone in the passanger seat. You can see I’m paying more attention to the road and even checking my blind spot before making a lane change! For some reason I’ve always tried to shoot the intro as I’m on my way since when I get there I don’t want to wait to start fishing…

Accept that filming and driving is ILLEGAL!!!!!(if it’s not it better be) I never watch the rest of a video that starts that way, and won’t click on one of someone who does it. The intro shouldn’t matter so much to you or anyone to film while driving. If you got in an accident while changing your radio dial, I believe you’re charged with distracted driving. Please please please, stop doing this.
    Get to the lake, do your intro, catch lots of fish. Easy peezy. Or do it in your garage at home.
    Sorry to change the happy tune of this thread. But I’m passionately annoyed by people playing with phones n cameras while driving….if you couldn’t tell.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.