Best trolling motor under 1000

• riverfishin11

Have a power drive v2 24 volt 70 lb looking for something that has spot lock can be 12 or 24 looking mostly minn kota best opinions welcome.My msin idea is change the head unit

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Where you located? I may have a option for you.

David Straus

Keep the V2 replace the head with an ipilot system for $500. Local marina can probably order and switch it out for the best price.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Keep the V2 replace the head with an ipilot system for $500. Local marina can probably order and switch it out for the best price.

When you convert a Powerdrive to ipilot, you lose the foot pedal, so not a good option if you cast shorelines. If all you do is troll with it, conversion would be the cheapest solution.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.com/accessories/trolling-motor/i-pilot-system-legacy-powerdrive-v2

riverfishin11

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>David Straus wrote:</div>

When you convert a Powerdrive to ipilot, you lose the foot pedal, so not a good option if you cast shorelines. If all you do is troll with it, conversion would be the cheapest solution.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoors.com/accessories/trolling-motor/i-pilot-system-legacy-powerdrive-v2

I do a lot of both honestly but can control the boat with remote

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have a Power Drive (V2 – Pontoon)) with I-Pilot Link conversion head. Bought the head used off of ebay for under $400. Works great. It is probably a version 1 I-pilot link which hold a spot lock in the +/- 10ft range. AS for fishing the shore there is always follow the contour if you purchase the link version.

It took about 45 minutes to install the conversion head.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF6920.jpg

2. DSCF6918.jpg

holmsvc
    SE ND

With a budget of $1,000 you would be best off looking for a used terrova someone is selling upgrade to an ulterra.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

With a budget of $1,000 you would be best off looking for a used terrova someone is selling upgrade to an ulterra.

This is you best bet I just sold my 80# Terrova with IPilot for $750

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.