Best OB match 4 Lund 1850xs impact

• James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

I just picked up my new Lund 1875 ss last Monday. It has the Merc 115 ProXS and a 15 hp kicker. This is my second Lund in 8 months thanks to a drunk driver. I was worried about the 115 being underpowered for the 1875. Dealer assured me that it would have no problem. I had it on Table Rock Lake in Missouri for 3 days last week. The motor performed great! Got out of the hole fast and topped out at around 37 mph — which is plenty fast for me. Best part — that motor was extremely quiet when running full out. All three guys that rode in it commented on it.

Glad you were able to get a new boat again.

The info sounds good as well.
    Thanks
    Jim

Ryan Hughes

I guess I’ll throw in my 2 cents worth. I have a 2016 1775 crossover with a 9.9 pro kicker (remote) and a 150 4s. In my case I would not be happy with anything other than the maximum rated horse power. I live and operate my boat at 7300ft in elevation up here in Wyoming and the loss of power is very noticeable. My boat with two people, two big dogs, gear, and a full tank of gas gets about 42mph gps up here running an enertia 15×15 prop. It does absolutely explode out of the hole though and makes for a great skiing boat, it feels like you just stand straight up out of the water as soon as you say hit it. Now when I had it on Lake Powell in Utah this year (3650ft) I put on a spare 19 pitch black max prop and it would do 51 with just me in it. Moral of the story I guess is you never know where you will end up running your boat at and there is no substitute for HP at high elevations. Hope this helps

Attachments:
    1. FullSizeRender-3.jpg

2. 6.jpg

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

I guess I’ll throw in my 2 cents worth. I have a 2016 1775 crossover with a 9.9 pro kicker (remote) and a 150 4s. In my case I would not be happy with anything other than the maximum rated horse power. I live and operate my boat at 7300ft in elevation up here in Wyoming and the loss of power is very noticeable. My boat with two people, two big dogs, gear, and a full tank of gas gets about 42mph gps up here running an enertia 15×15 prop. It does absolutely explode out of the hole though and makes for a great skiing boat, it feels like you just stand straight up out of the water as soon as you say hit it. Now when I had it on Lake Powell in Utah this year (3650ft) I put on a spare 19 pitch black max prop and it would do 51 with just me in it. Moral of the story I guess is you never know where you will end up running your boat at and there is no substitute for HP at high elevations. Hope this helps

Yes sir it did help and makes great sense. Nice looking boat there.
    Thanks
    JIm

DonG

In my friends 1750 Fisherman on Lake Erie. He has a 115 4 stroke with a 9.9 4 stroke kicker. On a Lake with 1 to 3 ft trailing sea the 115 couldn’t push thru and get out of the troth but yet on a flat sea it seemed like enough. I was very disappointed in the safety factor of NOT having enough motor to run that sea. 150 for me after that ride hands down. The dealers hang those marginal motors on the unites as a $$ factor.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

In my friends 1750 Fisherman on Lake Erie. He has a 115 4 stroke with a 9.9 4 stroke kicker. On a Lake with 1 to 3 ft trailing sea the 115 couldn’t push thru and get out of the troth but yet on a flat sea it seemed like enough. I was very disappointed in the safety factor of NOT having enough motor to run that sea. 150 for me after that ride hands down. The dealers hang those marginal motors on the unites as a $$ factor.

Sounds about right

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.