Best mapping chip to use on Lowrance Elite Ti2-9 for Lake of the Woods MN

• Meterman

I am planning to upgrade to the Lowrance Elite Ti2, which mapping chip is the best for Lake of the Woods, MN (I mainly fish main lake in MN and Rainy River, occasionally NW Angle). Currently running an older LakeMaster LOTW/Rainy chip in my LCX27C. I can purchase the Elite Ti2 with the US/CAN Nav+ chip or preloaded. Thoughts anyone?

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Navionics HotMaps Platinum North Chip does all of MN all of lake of the woods and up up into Canada.

If you check the site you can check the coverage area.

If you fish Canada at all I would highly recommend looking at the site because if you fish anywhere outside of the mapping boundary of that North chip, the US/Canada chip might be a better option. That gives you the entire US and Canada.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Nav+ US/CA then you can download any area that you fish

CaptainMusky

I have had great luck with the Lowrance Insight chip and the Navionics Platinum chips. One excels in some parts, while the other does in others.
    If you are going beyond the NW angle you will need to get a Navionics chip of some sort because the Lowrance chips to my knowledge are not charted the entire lake.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

Not sure if you have the new unit yet, I bought mine with the chip that was included and think the c-map on the unit is great. No need to buy a new chip.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.