Best fishing sandal?

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

As much as I love my Keens. If there are any pebbles or sand anywhere near, they it ends up in them?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Keens are junk. I had a pair that lasted for less than a whole soft water fishing season and they started falling apart.

I’m currently using the Teva Meachams, this will be the second year I have them. I have not seen anything fail so far the first year.

I used to have a set of Sperry Topsider sandals and they were the bomb. They lasted for about 8 seasons and never had an issue. They are now discontinued otherwise I would have another set.

Bassn Dan

The best fishing sandals are SHOES.

You’ll agree when you get a treble hook stuck in your foot that’s attached to a flopping fish. Once was enough for me…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You’ll agree when you get a treble hook stuck in your foot that’s attached to a flopping fish. Once was enough for me…

It cracks me up when I’m watching a bass tourney and see all of them going barefoot. I would think if anyone was going to end up with a hook in their foot it would be them.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Big Croc fan here.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve taken hooks in my hands multiple times and once had a crank bait lodged in my head. Are you saying I should be wearing a helmet while fishing or armored gloves? Oddly enough I fish with sandals all summer long and have never taken a hook to my feet.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

UA Kilchis. Yeah it gets sand in them, but any shoe that drains will get sand in them.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

also a fan of crocs.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Did anyone say crocs yet? jester Otherwise I have some Vasque shoes that are mesh on top with a solid rubber sole that are great for the boat as they drain quickly.

AnotherFisherman

I’ve got a pair of Crocs. Comfy and protective… Mine are even camo.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve got a pair of Crocs. Comfy and protective… Mine are even camo.

Is that supposed to make it ok? grin

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Crocs, vionic or barefoot all summer long in my boat… no hooks in the foot yet.

Vionic’s may be my new favorite everyday Sandal.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Camo crocs… duh

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Ok,sell me on crocks. I have not tried them.. My conception is a version of plastic that is slippery. I was not to happy with my keens at first but ounce they were broken in I had a long time using them. Is there a break in period for crocks. Do they do they do the clopity clop when you walk?

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Did anyone say crocs yet? jester Otherwise I have some Vasque shoes that are mesh on top with a solid rubber sole that are great for the boat as they drain quickly.

I was gonna make fun of your crocs in PR but you’re a lot bigger than me.

I usually just wear my old running shoes in the boat. That’s what I recommend but it assumes there are other runners on this site…..

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Crocs do the trick for me. They float if they end up overboard as a well. If it isn’t Crocs, I put on just a pair of Nike slide sandals.

I generally don’t go barefoot, but if/when I do there’s no real concern with hooks in my feet. I’m far too much of a neat freak with my gear to have stuff laying in the way.

RipLip

Just depends!

Oh wait it’s foot chatter, my bad.

Really though,,,what’s the weather like? How far am I hoofin it? If strapped for cash, will I convince myself they might get comfortable? Thank God that I have the option to choose! Newest pair were $5.00 on the clearance shelf. Gave’em a strut yesterday up, down, & almost ankle deep in high water. They’ll be fine but returned if sold for 20.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

It’s sad how terrible keens got. I replaced a ten year old pair and the new ones stitching fell apart at the ankles after a two week trip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There’s so many fishing scandals…how can a person tell which one is best Buzz?

DTW

Do you know what the holes in Crocs are for?
    They are there to let your dignity leak out…

CaptainMusky

Keens are junk. I had a pair that lasted for less than a whole soft water fishing season and they started falling apart.

My wife kept riding me about getting a pair of Keens because I would basically go through a pair of el cheapos a year and they would absolutely stink after a couple weeks. So, I broke down and bought a pair. Wore them for a week on a Canadian fishing trip and they were destroyed. I contacted Keen and they gave me a voucher for a new pair.
    I was hesitant, but bought the same exact pair again and have been wearing them heavily for 4 years. They are the most comfortable footwear I have and I wear them literally daily.
    So, the first experience was NOT good, but to this day they show no wear, do not smell and are still very comfortable. The frustrating part for me is that like many of you I am in between sizes. I need a 12.5 but no one makes that size so I am forced to go up or down. My first pair of Keens was a 12 and that may have played a role in them getting destroyed, my replacement pair is a 13.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bassn Dan wrote:</div>

I’ve taken hooks in my hands multiple times and once had a crank bait lodged in my head. Are you saying I should be wearing a helmet while fishing or armored gloves? Oddly enough I fish with sandals all summer long and have never taken a hook to my feet.

you just sealed your fate my friend! jester

Gitchi Gummi

I won’t step foot in the BWCA during wetfoot season without crocs. I am almost always in 2WD but will put them in 4WD for portages and getting in/out of the canoe

Attachments:
    1. 2020-03-31_9-58-06.jpg

1. 2020-03-31_9-58-06.pdf
    Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

classic Teva jesus sandals baby! or a pair of choco water shoes.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

you just sealed your fate my friend!

Maybe I should just wrap myself in bubble wrap

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Double wrap Gimruis. This hooks are big.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I thought it said ‘fishing scandal’. I was waiting for a link to NBC’s Dateline or 60 Minutes. I used to like crocs until by bunions got big. They rub them the hell out of them now.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>
    you just sealed your fate my friend!

Maybe I should just wrap myself in bubble wrap

then you’d have to deal with all that popping sound from the hooks hitting you!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.