Best custom ice fishing rods

• Jordan Dahl

I am shopping around now for the best custom rods, I want to get the lightest rod, with a solid backbone. I mostly fish for panfish is the reason.
    Im not completely blind going into this, I know about all the top notch most advertised rods.

Just looking for input on personal experiences really, any flaws or bad experiences.
    Thanks!

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Love my Thorne bros rods! Amazing service as well. I’ve been really loving my quiverstick for about 3 years. Perfict action for fishing tungstens and plastic and a awesome rod for fighting fish. I’ve also been using a pair or quiverstick tripwires that have been nothing short of amazing this season.

brad-o
    Mankato

I own Thorn Bros rods and love them. I feel that the rods are light years a head of non custom rods.( That may be a placebo effect). If you have a day to kill go to TUCR shop and Thorn Bros. You can’t go wrong.

Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

Tucr

Precision noodle

Just put one im your hands and you’ll know.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

How do I say this without getting nailed to the cross… If you want to test out my Noodle let me know. Before I bought any custom rods I tried others’ out first… It didn’t take long to convince me what I wanted.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

Just bought two TUCR rods at the show and fished with them on Sunday. Best ice rods I have ever used. Between TUCR and Thorne Bros you can’t really miss.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

The best custom rods I have are the ones I built myself. When I started building rods over 10 years ago, it was hard to find a rod over 30″. I don’t own any of the custom rods mentioned above, and I am sure they are great. I built rods from 34″ to 42″ for anything from panfish to lake trout. I ha e since gave all my rod building equipment to a cousin. In return I can get rods built to my specs. The only problem is he is in Rochester and I am on millelacs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.