Best Burger List

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I am a pro… ________ jester (fill in the blank, be nice guys !)

Anyfish2

I guess I could have missed it in pages before. But, this last winter we stopped and ate the Clyde Iron Works next to the Heritage arena in Duluth (there for my son’s hockey game). The Egg in Your Face burger is the Best burger I have ever had. It actually made me stop end enjoy every bite. Truly a great burger.

Erik Swenson

Yummy! These are great Werm. Always helpful to reference if you are looking for a good burger.

Keep an eye on that cholesterol level bud! jester toast

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I know this is mostly a local burger list, but I had the opporunity to try In N Out Burger on the west coast this week and I thought it was very good. It was also very reasonably priced for what I received. I got a double with fries and a beverage for $11.45 which is quite cheap for many localities on the west coast.

The fries were notably tastier because they actually cut them fresh from whole potatoes on site.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The fries were notably tastier because they actually cut them fresh from whole potatoes on site.

I think that’s why five guys fries are so good.

Gitchi Gummi

Was in duluth on Monday and stopped at the Anchor Bar in Supperior. Three of us had burgers and Fries a pitcher of beer and a pop and the total was 40 dollars. The burgers were amazing and the fries were awesome.

The anchor bar is an absolute gem of an establishment. You’re going to have a hard time finding a better combination of quality and low cost.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wish I could add a good burger to the list but I’ve been making my own now and haven’t gone out.

Last time we went out I got a burger at the muddy cow and that place sucks.

JEREMY
    BP

parking dockside, so I think they stay busy. Order some Ellsworth cheese curds while you wait, really good light beer batter on the curds and even better honey butter and homemade ranc

When we were in Florida last winter the kids had cheese curds and they served them with caramel sauce. Dude looked at me weird when I asked him why. Couldnt say if they were good that way or not I had covid when we were there and couldnt smell or taste nothing. Kids did like it.

Sharon
    SE Metro

John and I got take out burgers from The Channel Bar & Grill in Outing while we were up north this weekend and they were delicious! Their buffalo wings are really good too. toast

Attachments:
    1. img-12345.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

John and I got take out burgers from The Channel Bar & Grill in Outing

Did you at least name drop EPG? If not that’s probably for the best they might have asked you to pay his tab. shock

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Keep an eye on that cholesterol level bud!

Haha I do and am doing well for an overweight and over the hill dude. But also love this quote,
    “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and shouting GERONIMO!” -Hunter S. Thompson

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Here’s the updated list, and I always welcome recommendations!

Red Cow 9.3 John Randle
    DeGidios 8.8 Allen Page
    Blue Door 8.2 Andrew Glover
    Parlour 8.1 Anthony Carter
    Lions Tap 8.0 Cris Carter
    6Smith 7.8 Matt Birk
    Silver Bullet 7.7 Gary Larsen
    King’s Place 7.6 Steve Hutchinson
    Kelly’s Lake City 7.2 Frank Youso
    Nook 7.0 Jim Marshall
    Dan’s 6.5 Gary Zimmerman
    Vic’s 6.4 Randall McDaniel
    Wild Acres 5.8 Jim Langer
    House of Coates 5.8 Eddie McDaniel
    Chaska Legion 5.6 Chris Doleman
    Crooked Pint 5.5 Jack Del Rio/Scott Studwell
    Jordan Supper Club 5.3 Mick Tingelhoff
    Burger Press 5.2 Kailee Wong
    Wildfire 5.0 Jeff Siemon
    Arby’s Wagyu Deluxe 4.7 Joey Browner
    Matty G’s AZ 4.4 Leroy Hoard

ThunderLund78

Haha I do and am doing well for an overweight and over the hill dude. But also love this quote,
    “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and shouting GERONIMO!” -Hunter S. Thompson

Well, your guy Hunter definitely accomplished that goal! rotflol

CaptainMusky

Werm, I encourage you to try the dive bar in Wilton for a burger. Man, its the best I have ever had. I dont know how it would rank against those on your list because I havent had hardly any of them. Lions Tap and that was 40 years ago LOL. Right on Hwy 2 West of Bemidji.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Werm, I encourage you to try the dive bar in Wilton for a burger. Man, its the best I have ever had.

Nice, that will go on the list and hopefully get there soon as it’s not terribly far from the cabin. There is another one near Nevis I need to get too, that all the locals say is the best, and it’s built for the trail riders as much as someone in a car.

tim hurley

Tried the one at Degidios in StP. big sloppy tasty thing, would recommend it.

Brittman

Restaurant or at home it has been my experience that home – hand pressed burgers are far superior to anything prepressed (butcher, fresh counter, frozen). Some burgers are pressed so hard they almost become to tough to eat.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Restaurant or at home it has been my experience that home – hand pressed burgers are far superior to anything prepressed (butcher, fresh counter, frozen). Some burgers are pressed so hard they almost become to tough to eat.

This is what we have come to the conclusion on as well. My home burgers at home have been far better then any place I have gotten them from, the thing I like about going out to some of these places are the fries.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My home burgers at home have been far better then any place I have gotten them from, the thing I like about going out to some of these places are the fries.

I totally agree, and love making all sorts of stuff at home for cheaper and way better than most out to eat places. There’s a random kind of funny story behind these burger reviews starting, and doing them makes for some good conversations when I see people in real life. Also, one misconception is that I’m eating burgers all the time, but that last 3 place reviews took place over like 3 months. And unless a place has a great reputation in general, or is known for their burgers, I usually order something other than a burger.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

Several people have mentioned Crooked Pint in St. Cloud. They must not be very consistent at different locations. Their burgers in Apple Valley are mediocre on a good day.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Their burgers in Apple Valley are mediocre on a good day.

Agreed, at the Chaska and Maplewood locations as well. Chaska one does look over the curling rinks, which is kind of cool and have a nice patio.

CaptainMusky

I’ve only had them in St cloud and thought they were quite good.

ThunderLund78

Bummed to hear that House of Gloor’s residency at Niesen’s Sports Bar in Savage is over. I think he’s got plans to go somewhere else, but haven’t heard where. He’s got a loyal following now, he’ll bring the crowds wherever he ends up.

ThunderLund78

Bummed to hear that House of Gloor’s residency at Niesen’s Sports Bar in Savage is over. I think he’s got plans to go somewhere else, but haven’t heard where. He’s got a loyal following now, he’ll bring the crowds wherever he ends up.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Werm – How long ago did you go to Kelly’s in Lake City?

I have given them a couple shots lately, but probably won’t again. I didn’t have a burger, but the service and wait time (when not even busy) made me not want to go back

glenn57
    cold spring mn

John and I got take out burgers from The Channel Bar & Grill in Outing while we were up north this weekend and they were delicious! Their buffalo wings are really good too. toast

i drive past that place every time i got to the cabin……maybe need to stop by once. waytogo

big_g
    Isle, MN

I recommend trying The Bourbon Butcher in Farmington. Really good burgers and the cheese curds with the jam are the jam !!! (good fries too) cool

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Werm – How long ago did you go to Kelly’s in Lake City?

I have given them a couple shots lately, but probably won’t again. I didn’t have a burger, but the service and wait time (when not even busy) made me not want to go back

Father’s Day June 16th. They said they weren’t busy, but every table was full and there were people waiting. So we sat at the bar, and ordered cheese curds right away (which were excellent). But yeah it was a long lunch, thankfully we were just cruising and in no rush. They have a dock that would fit the whole river, but the establishment isn’t very big so I’m sure they are generally on the slow side.

10klakes

Have you tried hoppers bar? I don’t think its too far from ya if you are in the sw metro.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have you tried hoppers bar? I don’t think its too far from ya if you are in the sw metro.

Yeah a few times, but it was pre-reviews. Actually had Hopper’s in the hospital after both my boys were born. Iron Tap out there is really good too, and they also deliver via snowmobile to Lake Waconia toast . Good reminder tho, I’ll put those both on my list.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.