Best Burger List

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Braunschweiger sandwich!?!?! It’s one of my favorites and I thought those could only be had at home!

I never could stomach that stuff. Haven’t tried it in a while but it just smells wrong.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yeah Braunschweiger sandwich!!! witha chunk of velveeta and mustard.

JEREMY
    BP

No Miracle Whip?

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

and mayo on it!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    A buddy from college owns a bar near Rochester called Jack’s. I have never been there but he posts photos all the time and the food looks fantastic.

Jac’s in Chatfield. Super good food there. The beer is really cold too. I belong to the gun club in Chatfield and usually stop for a cold one and burger at Jac’s and have never been disappointed. Jac’s has been written up in the local newspaper…. nice article but it’s been a while.

I’m working at the Rochester wal mart cutting a new door, maybe I’ll grab a jacs burger while I’m in the area.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>
    We’ve done the parking lot turn around at this place more times than we’ve eaten there because I’m just not willing to stand in that long of a line for burgers and fries.

As far as the wait, it wasn’t to bad really. We ordered and had our food within 10 minutes I would say. Granted this was Tuesday but hit it at a few minutes before noon, so it was still really busy.

Gordys is the most overrated place ever. It isn’t even worth a second chance. Made that mistake twice.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

There a place on West 7th in St. Paul called Keenan’s Bar. A couple of blocks south of Mancini’s on the east side of the road. Very low key dive bar, but worth a visit for the burger.

On the (far) other end of the spectrum, there’s P.S. Steak near Loring Park in Minneapolis. Killer burger.

I’d also be curious to know what you think about Culver’s, honestly.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeah Braunschweiger sandwich!!! witha chunk of velveeta and mustard.

I usually go straight mayo (or Miracle Whip devil ), but I’d give that a try for sure!

I’d also be curious to know what you think about Culver’s, honestly.

Probably never going to do a review of Culver’s, but my wife loves it so we go once in a while when needing food on the go. I used to hate Culver’s burgers passionately and would always go with the Reuben or Spicy Chicken. I have had a good burger there a few times since, seems pretty hit or miss imo. If it’s good and hot off the grill they are as good as any fast food, if it’s not it is barely edible. They get bonus points for Curds and custard tho.

P.S. Steak would be tough to not get steak, but I’ll add that to the list. I’ve been to Gordy’s a few times and wasn’t really wow’d, but didn’t hate it either. They will get a review at some point too.

CaptainMusky

I’m working at the Rochester wal mart cutting a new door, maybe I’ll grab a jacs burger while I’m in the area.

Yeah give it a shot and let us know how it is. I actually misspoke, he was a HS classmate not college. We played hockey together.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

They get bonus points for Curds and custard tho.

They have a solid burger agree sometimes it’s not super fresh. We will have to disagree on the curds though, for them being a Wisconsin company I would expect better on those.

CaptainMusky

Yeah I dont really care for their cheese curds at all. They have an odd taste.

JEREMY
    BP

Their burgers taste burnt to me.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We will have to disagree on the curds though, for them being a Wisconsin company I would expect better on those.

Never said they were great or even good, but they are a nice option to have that no other FF place offers.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Never said they were great or even good, but they are a nice option to have that no other FF place offers.

It feels weird saying this but try the ones from Dairy Queen, at least the ones from the one close to me are way better, they even have the squeaky cheese in them. No one except the state fair stands do the curds proper. Maybe we need another thread on cheese curds.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Grizzly’s makes some pretty good curds. smash Didn’t know DQ had them ? blush

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Didn’t know DQ had them ?

They still didn’t get the breading right, but the cheese is closer anyway.

orve4

Love a Braunschweiger sandwich with cheddar cheese and Mayo and a little BBQ seasoning.

Id say one of the best places for cheese curds at a fast good place is the A & W along with a pappa burger pretty good combo.

JEREMY
    BP

Kids had cheese curds in Florida and they came with caramel sauce.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Love a Braunschweiger sandwich with cheddar cheese and Mayo and a little BBQ seasoning.

Id say one of the best places for cheese curds at a fast good place is the A & W along with a pappa burger pretty good combo.

Sriracha curds from a and w are good dunked in bbq

Viewing 19 posts - 301 through 319 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.