Good luck hunters – – – Get ready fisherman

• scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

A lot of people from this area are pretty quite this time of the year because there really is a lot going on in this area. Opener of deer season is fast approaching this weekend and Ice Fishing season in the North Country is right around the corner. Up here is seems like deer season is the major kick off to the new season. It’s a HOLIDAY!

Many of the local ponds are freezing over and some of the smaller lakes are just waiting for that one calm night followed by a calm cold day to begin making that crystal ice. In this area there are a ton of smaller lakes or lakes with small bays that notoriously are the first to freeze. When this happens it is a mad scramble to be the first one out for many people.

Once your deer is harvested this is a great time to get all the ice rods set up with new line and to replace any broken items from last years equipment. I know I have found that a few of my jigs need to be replaced and I even found that my lantern glass some how got broke last time out. This year I am going to TRY desperately to not wait until the day that I want to use my equipment to begin putting it together.

Good luck to all the deer hunters and for the antsy fisherman be careful and remember that ice is never safe. No fish is worth drowning for and we have a long season just beginning to approach us.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.