GMAN’S Bear

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats Buddy, BEAUTIFUL bear.

AWESOME Picture. That might be the best Bear picture I have seen yet.

What is the story?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m with you Rob, that is an AWESOME bear picture! Look at the head on that guy! Well done!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Wow, that’s a big one.

325 lbs.?

Congrats!!!

robhood23

nice bear, love the white V

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Holy crap Jason that is one huge bear!!!
    Congrats buddy

prieser
    Byron, MN

Nice work G Now go let the air out of a hardhorn.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats buddy! And I agree with everyone above in regard to the awesome picture! Now let’s hear the story on this big boy!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Very nice bear and great picture! Did you have it weighed?

big_g
    Isle, MN

Good job Gman Nice picture I’m with the other guys…. story…weight…length…circumference…

big G

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I dont see alot of bears around ill, but even I know thats a nice one! congrats

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Outstanding GMAN!!! That is a beauty.

Mark

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Rumor has it around 400 lbs.

G MAN you are killing us, give us the scoop!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Got a message from GMAN and he said it was 410 lbs! Now let’s hear that story!

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I think he’s shy. lmao!!!!!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Stop running your mouth and get the other pic’s up He was 409.5

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

You tell him Gman!

Wow what a Bruiser!

big_g
    Isle, MN

big G

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

OK G now that we have seen the pics how about the story.

yogi

G-man did you shoot that bear on sam shil land? He is my uncle and i heard that someone shot one that big on his land.

deertracker

Is there going to be a mount of some sort?
    DT

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Thanks everyone,

Well it starts out with myself and a good friend getting 22 bait sites going on opening baiting ( talk about a ton of work for 2 guys ). Season opened on Sept 1st and we had many sites just getting pounded with many trail cam pictures which just had us pumped because we had 8 guys very excited to bear hunt , We all set out to our stands around 2 pm and everyone was back in camp after dark with the same story NOTHING Had to remind the guys it was pushing 90 degrees and winds up to 35 at times ( not real good bear hunting weather) So as we sit and talk about day 2 I decided to go after a BIG bear that gave us problems last year ( only problem was he comes to the site early morning ) So I wanted to bring someone with and a camera to film the hunt,That took some doing Ok long story short we get up at 4am and in stand by 5am with my boots smelling like SKUNK since one of them decided to spray the trail as we walked in !!! Damn things We sat in stand for 4 hours that morning with no bear coming in and both of us telling the other one GOD you stink … So back to camp for some eats and get all the sites baited for the eve hunt…. Well I set out to a spot I really liked that was by a big beaver pond and Bears love beaver !!! As I was walking into my stand it starts to rain . ( what’s next ) Get in my stand around 3 pm and by 4:30 the rain had stopped and it was getting cooler by the minute Things are looking up now . Around 7 pm I here something behind me, so I turn around real slow and NOTHING ??? Turn back around and I here it again , Turn just my head this time and I could see something moving about 80 yards away and coming right at my tree. Seems like it took hours for the bear to make it in but he walked about 3 feet from the bottom of my stand sniffing the bait bucket ( ummmm ok ) The crib is on the other side of the stand go that way .. At this time I could tell he was a BIG bear ,But like a big buck he was trying to get down wind of my stand and make sure it was ok to come in ! I said to myself if he walk by this ONE tree I can nail him , the rest is history he walked right to that spot and I let him have it at 4 yards with the rage 2 blade he then took off like a rocket into THICK cover . I got down about 15 min later and walked right to that tree that the bear was standing by when I hit him, could not believe the blood ( it was every place ) . Backed out and sent a text message to everyone BIG BEAR HIT …. I went back to camp for a long hour wait for everyone We all had something to eat and took 4 of us to go look for my bear ( 2 guys to sit at bait site so we can find our way back ) and 2 of us looking for the bear . Like I said we had a blood trail like I have never seen before , but we decide to back out due to it being very very THICK , trust me its not a good feeling on your hands and knees looking for a bear in the dark !! Back to camp we went for some cold ones and back up at 6 am . this time we took 6 guys with 2 at site,2 at last blood and 2 back on the blood ! About 45 min later we are at the end of the blood trail and to a bear I had NO idea would go over 400 pounds when I shot him… After many pictures and congrats to me from many good guys, it set in now how in the hell are we going to move this sucker .. LOL Took 6 of us just over 3 hrs with a big ice fishing sled to get him out . ONE HUNT I WILL NEVER FORGET

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Bears love beaver !!!

Well why wouldn’t they

Great read, Thanks Jason.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great read Gman! Congrats again on a dandy!

I was watching a show on TV (Bow Madness)and they were hunting bear in Canada and they used beaver as bait.

balexander667

that is totally awesome!!! a HUGE congrats to you!!!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for sharing your story GMAN and congrats again! If you ever need help hauling out a big bear, please let me know and I’ll call Lip Ripper for ya!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

If you ever need help hauling out a big bear, please let me know and I’ll call Lip Ripper for ya!

Brad, as long as you haul out all my deer on a certain Public piece I hunt. Right Slider.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Quote:

If you ever need help hauling out a big bear, please let me know and I’ll call Lip Ripper for ya!

Brad, as long as you haul out all my deer on a certain Public piece I hunt. Right Slider.

I don’t drag out fawns…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.