Bayport / hudson Boat launches

• hot tamale

Hey guys. Anyone been launching out of bayport to fish cats? Im assuming the launch hasnt closed due to the high water, has it? Seems like the bayport launch is almost always open. Havent been out on the croix since the winter and im ready to get back out there asap. Thanks!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I launched at Bayport once earlier in the year when Hudson was full. It was a Saturday in May. I was expecting it to cost 30.00 for a weekend launch but it went up to 40.00. And that didn’t include parking either (onsite spots were full). Was supposed to pay the city to park in the City Park lot too.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Hudson launch will be closed until Thursday or Friday due to high water.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I launched at Bayport once earlier in the year when Hudson was full. It was a Saturday in May. I was expecting it to cost 30.00 for a weekend launch but it went up to 40.00. And that didn’t include parking either (onsite spots were full). Was supposed to pay the city to park in the City Park lot too.

$40 to launch…too rich for me, good thing I can launch for free down here in the ghetto.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bzzsaw wrote:</div>

$40 to launch…too rich for me, good thing I can launch for free down here in the ghetto.

Your a lucky man Onestout. The COVE launch kicks butt. -) Now you just have to find time to use it.

3Rivers

Yeah that $40 bump at Beach House had me packin. It was my go to for 20 years, but that’s just too much. Even with the no wake area, Hudson is a bargain compared to that.
    I launch solo a lot and also not willing to walk back and forth from 4th St to the Public Park either.

Hopefully that Oak Park Heights ramp gets done this year (fingers crossed). Every year they say “next year”. So right now I’m planning for next year. LOL

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Few more things to get done around the house, maybe I’ll get out next year.

hot tamale

Anyone been out in the bayport area for sturgeon? I know its probably a little early yet but im so pumped.

does the high water affect sturgeon activity, anyone know? Thank you!

Lost
    Shafer, MN

Anyone been out in the bayport area for sturgeon? I know its probably a little early yet but im so pumped.

does the high water affect sturgeon activity, anyone know? Thank you!

Sturgeon activity should be picking up soon if it hasn’t already. I’ll be going out tomorrow evening for my first sturg trip of the fall.

I don’t think water level is a huge impact for them in the Bayport area, with the minimal current down there and large main basin I don’t change anything for presentation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.