Bayfield Fall Fishing

• dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

Have a trip planned with my wife for the second weekend in October to Bayfield. Any input on fishing options for that area this time of year. Depending on the weather/wind I could bring my boat (17.5 ft Lund), but have never been on Lake Superior, but have always wanted to. Otherwise we could book a charter for a half day or I could just pack some rods and we could shore fish.

B-man

I haven’t done it in years, but late fall smallmouth fishing in the bay can be a hoot waytogo

We used to drag medium suckers on rock humps and near the docks with circle hooks and quick strike rigs.

Lake trout in Wisconsin just closed and all of the big cohos are spawning/dying as we speak, if you’re bringing the boat I’d chase smallies.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

2nd week of October can be very good for all types of fishing. We need some rain…if that happens…trolling and casting off of all area river mouths should be excellent for cohos, steelhead, browns and splake. The rivers will also have fish in them to fish from shore. Smallmouth bite will only improve from now on with water temps finally falling. Wind is the big factor to bring up your boat and fish. Hiring a guide may be your best decision…but not necessary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.