Battery set up for Ice castle

• Joshua LaVelle
    Faribualt

So I want to add a second battery to my ice castle.. I want to run a 24 volt system, but the sounds like I cant do this since it is not set up for 24v. Now I am thinking of running them parallel either hooked up at all times or the other thought was just throwing alligator clips on and switching that way. Any thoughts, pics, or ideas welcome. I am a first time fish house owner and trying to modify a little bit. Thanks Josh

castle-rock-clown

In my firebrand I have two agm batteries. One is the main in the cabinet and the other is just outside on the floor in a Minn kota battery box. The battery bow has two power ports and a set of insulated battery posts. The box is connected to the other battery via a bulkhead trolling motor socket.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20141117_122527089.jpg

Alvarez4711
    NULL

Sorry to highjack your thread but I have a question for you guys about batteries…. Do you vent your batteries? Thanks

gimp

A4711
    yes you do need to have the batteries vented but but not with power vent or anything. If you look at the pic in this thread it is in nice tall area and looks like a grate on the side. I you want to take an extra step buy a battery box for a boat and set battery in that, batteries will slobber when charging and water over filled and can eat cloth ect.

castle-rock-clown

Both batteries are sealed absorbed glass mat, (AGM). They are ventless and need no venting, can be mounted in any position, need no checking or filling. The grate on the side is the power center converter. It takes 120v from either shoreline or generator and converts it to 12v DC, it also charges the batteries, and distributes power to various lights and receptacles in the trailer, both 120v ac and 12v dc. On a last note, these batteries give off no gas or fumes when charging, they are completely sealed. Both of mine are from Farm & Fleet and are their Duration brand.

Joshua LaVelle
    Faribualt

castle-rock-clown that is a nice set up. what kind of AGM batteries are they and what are the cold cranking amps? these are parallel not series is looks like!? so still 12 volt not 24 correct?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.