Bats….

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Tonight I saw my first bat of spring. Actually there were a bunch all at once tonight. I worked outside most of today and saw no bugs so I don’t know what they’re going to eat, but the bats were out in numbers.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Saw a big Dragonfly today, thought the same thing. Good to see a Dragonfly instead of snow.

S.R.

munchy
    NULL

Killed my first two mosquitos today and seen a few other flying types. They’re feeding just have to be in the warmer areas.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I don’t even like the “s” word unless its a scene on a post card.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I saw a couple mosquitos 2 weeks ago, and my boys picked up a few woodticks! Then we got the big dumping off white stuff. Maybe it killed a couple. I can hope. Paper wasps were out in force on Saturday.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I saw my first bat on Saturday and then a few dragonflies were out yesterday.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I haven’t seen any bats yet, but I saw a wasp, a boxelder bug, and a lady bug while reading on my patio this weekend. I also found a millipede. I love millipedes and I think they’re cute. So of course I stopped working on household projects to play with the bug for a while. mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. 57422.jpg.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Saw a dragonfly yesterday. Saw a Thrasher in my yard which really excited me but I heard one last week. Raked leaves up north over the weekend and not a single tick. Both nice and strange. I didnt even see one on the dog yet and that is astounding.

Ice Cap

I love bats unless they are in the house of course. Had one somehow get in a couple years ago. I kept isolating it until I had it isolated in our large sun room which is also the main entry. I propped the doors open hoping it would fly out as I didn’t want to kill it. It flew right past the open door several times but just wouldn’t go out. Finally had to end the chase and kill him so the wife would get out of the truck and come back in the house! lol

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I find them while roofing, alot!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180925_095848454.jpg

2. IMG_20180925_095750361.jpg

Deuces

Pail, many may know this but I was shocked at the fact listening to a podcast year ago or so on the lack of treatments for rabies still. I for some reason thought we had that one figured out but that shi! is no joke. Rabies is deadly. Use caution man.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Does anyone know what kind of baby this is? Maybe evening bat?

I use inaturalist app ti ID plants animal and birds.

That and it helps if you have your location listed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.