In-depthangling Bass tour?

• danwi
    westby wi

i wish my wife did fish but she dont. So to have it guys an the boss would knock out alot of men like myself.Im sure no one would mind if anyone brought there wifes as partners but to make it guys an gals only would be a mistake i think. course thats just my thoughts on the subject.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

I dont think the buzz would be about who was going to bring a huge sack to the scale. It would be about who will be the only couple still speaking to eachother at the weigh-in!

JHall

illinois

can i use my 16 foot jon boat with my tiller handle motor

oh and use my mom dont have an ole lady but my mom used to fish bass-n- gals, I.N. bass, bass champions,midwestbass,american scholarship,and i believe bass world. i got me a ringer just no tournoment worthy boat

she has only fished one tournoment in 5 years and took second

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

JHall,
    I just installed a new steel keel protector with a cutting blade so that if by some chance we meet up I can slit the transome on your new boat…

I won’t have to worry about catching you as long as you buy another champion.

ReelGuy…
    Your mental images of Tom and I in a dress has left me no choice but to challenge the team you are batting for.
    I mean…I know disgusting and me in a dress, while it may be a gay fishermans fantasy, would be truly traumatic and cause for some serious therapy. I think it would rate right up there with the clubbing of baby seals. –yucky- Being a big baseball fan I can only assume that, well…. I don’t know you well enough to say but… Are you what they call a switch-hitter.

You guys kill me. Thanks for the fun.
    jc

corey_waller
    hastings mn

the powder puff end of the tourney could mean trouble. i think JHALL would be right you sure dont want a bunch of guys coming in to scale with their boss sitting on the back chair with their arms crossed and their foot tapping on the deck because they have just went through 8 hours of HONEY CAST THERE or DONT REEL SO FAST or COME ON GET THE FISH IN THE NET NOT KNOCK THE FISH OFF WITH THE NET. im scared from the visions in my head of 40 pissed off ladies. they could gang up on us and we would be toast. AND HONEY IF YOU ARE READING THIS I DIDNT MEAN YOU I PROMISE!!!!!!

davec
    St. Paul MN.

I agree with Skeets,support est.tournament trails.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I kind of agree w/WallerBass about the ‘Ole Miss. There are so many places to fish. I’ve rarely had encounters of Boaters battling it out to find spots to fish.

As for the Tournament pressure every weekend on fish. I think you have enough Weekend Warriors during the summer months, that Tourny or No Tourny—People are out looking for these fish no matter what.

JC –Not sure where you got the idea us “Trane People” are Bling Blingin’ it….lol. …Maybe some of the Veterans like Champman and ReelGuy , are rollin’, but i’m still po’ folk.

Now as far as JC and Blue in a dress? No offense, but as pretty as you both are, just don’t see it. And there is NO QUESTION HERE about which side i’m batting either.

I’m not so sure about the Powderpuff deal….While buying tackle the other day, I had to buy my GF smiley face bobbers because they were “cute”

jhall
    Lake City, MN

JC,

Sorry bud, It was my fishin partners boat that was wrecked and not mine. The Green and White Champ Lives on!!!! So yea, Im not worried about you catchin me as long as your still runnin that red and white sled. If you are coming after me though, just promise me you wont hurt my fish so I can still weigh them. Plus I wouldnt mind too much, I have great insurance and its 6 and one half dozen to me!!!! Only fishermen could cook up a conversation like this!

Reminder to all: If you are against a IDA bass tour, just don’t fish.

JHall

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Powder Puff tournament! You guys are awesome! BUT! I think you all have a bad case of cabin fever!!!!!!!

Anyhoo! If any of you are interested, There is a new Co-ed bass league starting this year! The lakes that will be fished are The LeHomediue chain In Alexandria, Gull Lake Chain in the Brainerd area, Forest Lake In Forest lake, and East and West Rush Lake in Rush City. In this one you have to have a M/F Team. If anyone wants more info let me know!
    Cory Frantzick

skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

Your guys make a valid point that those fish get pressure no matter what. I guess the point I want to address is if so many people are interested in tournaments on the mississippi river than why do so many organizations have trouble filling out the boat field? I personally think it is because there are just too many trails out there with tourneys in the same area that it tends to spread the anglers out to the point that nobody will have a full field. Most guys do not have the money and/or the time to fish tournaments on back to back weekends.
    As far as not wanting to support the IDA bass tour. I am neutral on that position. I just thought it sparked an interesting topic that I have thought about before.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Wallerbass… LOL funny… I had my wife read it and she says… “Good point!” Seems my suggestion was too optimistic… My wife thinks that perhaps my energy would be better spent just cleaning up the oodles of dog poop in the yard…

JC…as for which team I play for… I was drafted to the team with wife and kids… THAT is a tough team… Guess I better get back to watching Wiggles and picking up poop… Anyone wonder why there is no green Wiggle?

Anyway, back to the point… I would love to fish an IDA tourney, even with my slow boat. I think Slop Bass and I need to win together to suppliment our small Trane incomes!

danwi
    westby wi

skeets
    some tournament trails can have trouble filling for a number of reasons.Expence,number of miles one would have to travel to fish the entire circut.Or maybe some trails come off alittle snobbish.Maybe some guys are alittle intimidated cause they dont have big money boats for some of the bigger trails. I have seen it time an time again guys come in with a small boat an nobody will give them the time of day. So alot of guys stay away from your better known trails. There is a number of reasons to stay away from any given trail but i think you can tell by the responce here that this is a trail that the guys want. All trails have there little clicks,this trail may be one big click. Thats what i hope for anyway. A tournament trail where your not judged by the cost of your boat but welcomed cause we all have one thing in common.(fishing)

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Dan…you nailed that one right on the head.

At 24 years of age, I’m not at the point where I can afford a $30k Bass Rig. Granted, I’m a year done w/college (finally ) and have a good job, but with that has come tons of other responsibilities and bills . The more “Domesticated” I have become the further I away see myself getting that $30K Rig too . I know you can get good used boats, but I had to already to buy my new RAM , so that priority came first.

I’m also “Relatively New” to Tournament fishing, and even though i’m a Very outgoing person and dont’ let things get to me, It was VERY INTIMIDATING at first, seeing everyone roll up in their AWESOME rigs, Especially when these guys are of the Calibur of the guys on this site…You know who you are …..Now that I have a better understanding for everything, i don’t let the fact that i’m not fishing w/ the best of everything bother me.

I know of a dozen tournaments I’ll be fishing in this summer, not including my club tournaments, and I’m showing up w/an improved attitue…and I’m going to try to let my fishing do the talking. (I probably won’t be saying much…lol )

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Slop bass……….don’t let the new rig thing get to you….90% of them can’t catch a cold to begin with…when you fish a Tourney your only fishing against in reality maybe 7 other teams in any give tourney maybe less in others!!
    The guy you should be scared of is the guy that pulls up in a flatboat!!

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Pitbull…the flat thing is a very real case… The winner of our club last year has a 14′ flat with a 40 HP 4-Stroke, with *no* trolly motor… damned if you could show up with a bigger bag each week.

With that said, when my dad and I fish from his 2002 Ranger…you cannot help but to feel more like you “fit-in”… Granted, we have yet to cash a check.

2004 will be changing that!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Not if I have anything to do with it!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Our plan is to finalize dates by wednesday, submit applications for the permits and have a schedule to announce by next week. We hope to be able to put togther an attractive schedule that will appeal to a good chunk of those that have expressed interest.

More to come just as soon as we get some details back on dates and permits.

danwi
    westby wi

get er done ….lol….so cool
    good job h20

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Any way you can “Tentativly” release the dates you are trying to get?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Soon. Very soon. But not yet. I just know there will be revisions, changes and some shuffling yet to come so I’ll save you and others that headache until things are “in stone.”

corey_waller
    hastings mn

here we all sit talking about bass fishing and as i look outside its snowing like crazy. man, we all must have some bad luck. james, is the rivertown days date going to work for the pool 3 and st croix tourney? because we already have a permit for that date. that might save a little bit of hassle. geezzz i cant wait for this snow to get out of here and get FISHIN. have a good day all.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Cory,

Yup, snowing like a bugger here too.

Our little tourney braintrust crew is having a meeting middle of this week and we’ll pound through all the details at that time and come to concrete descisions regarding all dates and locations. Your date is being considered, of course. Time is short and we’re determined to make this happen. Our goal is to produce a workable schedule that makes as much sense as possible and just run with it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well…. Yes. We picked dates last night as I stated we would. I will hold-off making them public until we hear back from the WI DNR about permits, etc. Your IDA Bass Tournament Co-Directors, Steve Plantz & John Stears, should be able to make a public announcement middle of next week. Sound good?

jhall
    Lake City, MN

danwi
    westby wi

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It’s coming. There are still some things that need to be ironed out.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup.. just waiting for permit approval now is my understanding.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Permit applications are in the mail should hear back next week, stay tuned in for more info

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.