In-depthangling Bass tour?

• danwi
    westby wi

Does anyone know if there are plans for a in-depthangling Bass tour this yr?.I see there is a eye tour.It could be alot of fun

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

There was some talk of doing one, but with all the other tourney circuits around, there might not be enough interest or open weekends to have a Bass Tour. It would be fun, don’t get me wrong. It’s getting to be almost too late to set something up.

danwi
    westby wi

I agree finding open weekends may be a problem.You would have to look into all the area tournaments to see if we could fit 1 more in a month but as far as being to late.Nope it’s never to late till it’s over.What ever that means

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hey, as long as it’s not a BFL weekend, I’m in!

I was hoping this would happen!

Thanks,

davec
    St. Paul MN.

Not to discourage fun, but I agree with Bluefleck there are so many bass tournaments in MN. What we need to do is fill up the 30 to 50 money events a month we have in MN., 47 Federation clubs,chartible events,outlaw money events and courtsy events there is a lot to fish. As director of Team Supreme MN. We are looking to fill a 125 boat feild this year. Large feilds of boats takes tournament pressure off large and small lakes. Provide Larger Payouts and Giant Championships like Team Supremes. http://www.teamsupremetackle.com

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

There was some talk about maybe trying it next year but for a start they are going with just the walleye one. If there was alot of interest in it next year it might happen.

Thanks, Bill

pitbull
    Too far from the river

You know Dave..your right on the money!!

Fishin a teamsupreme tourney puts you against the best fisherman around…and you can’t beat the year end tourney…$25,000 Cash 1st prize and 2nd 15,000 cash..that’s tough to beat!! Way better then most!!

The indepth thing would be pretty cool but damn there is way too many tourneys out there as it is!!

danwi
    westby wi

Not being from Minn i wouldnt know about all the tournaments you have to fill.Im sure we have alot in Wisconsin also.My thinking was this would have been more of a fun tournament.Kind of like a get together for guys you post with all the time. Not all tournaments have to be big money an high preasure.Sure it wouldnt be on the same scale as team supreme or atract only the best fisherman like team surpreme but it would give us all a chance to get to know one another better an make a few friends doing what we like to do.Maybe your (supreme) tournament trails have become alittle out of reach for some guys. Or perhaps you just need a layed back fun trail to fish.This could have filled that void.Oh well,just my thoughts.If there are to many trails now then it’s not worth it.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

What is the In-depth walleye tour about?

Hard core competition, or get together fun fishing with some competition?

Guess I should just go to the walleye forum and read for myself!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Its a fun competitive type tournament circuit. 80% payback with the other 20% going to help cover the expenses of the website. The site getting so big and alot more expensive that some of us guys have been trying to think of some ways to raise some money to help James with the financial burden of the site, maintence, and for future improvements. Its on the tournament forum and the link below will take you to it. Thanks, Bill

IDA Walleye Tournament Tour

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Dan-I totally agree with your entire post . I would definitely be interested in something with a get together/learning type tourney environment. I can’t see myself having a $30,000 boat to fish the Supreme type tourneys anytime soon .

davec
    St. Paul MN.

AmWatson,Limitations in Team Supreme on boats are 15ft or longer 25 horse moters or larger with a live well.My point was is there are a lot of good oportunities to get out and bass fish for money or none money events ether in MN. or WI.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Gentlemen,

We will be doing a IDA Bass Tour. Guaranteed. And it will be competitive in nature but the camraderie of those participating here on the sites will certainly be evident in all aspects of the events.

We threw the Walleye Tour together in 2 weeks… at the last minute. Not that I’m saying these events won’t be well run and highly organized… they will be. Jon Jordan is an experienced tournament organizer and will do all us walleye guys proud this year!

Now about those bass events… we’re looking at organizing a couple invididual events for the summer 2004 to get our feet wet and get us primed for the season in 2005. We have no intentions or aspirations of competing with the likes of a Team Supreme but we also see the need for a well run and publicized series for guys looking to compete in lower entry fee events offering a competitive environment and the camraderie of good friends.

If things go well, we should be able to announce a date or two soon on the bass side of things. We have taken a good look at existing tournament calendars and there are in fact some gapping holes where we could plug ourselves in.

If anyone has interest in being involved with this planning process, give me a holler. We / I know the walleye side of things inside and out but planning a bass event (or at least some pushing in the right direction) needs to be done by bass anglers so these events meet the needs and expectations of the participants.

I’ve never fished a bass tourney before but I do intend to fish any IDA Bass events we organize. Any bass guys interested in showing up to beat up on this walleye guy?

If the bass are on a trolling bite, I think I can lick the lot of ya’! (just kidding, of course )

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

What pools are you thinking?

Does Trolling a Bomber Long A really work for bass?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well… pools 4 – 8 most likely. I know we’re looking at a date right now that would have an event go out of Alma on Pool 5 and allow anglers to fish pool 4, 5 and 5 A. (apparently bass guys have fast boats)

We could do similar events that would cover 6 , 7 and 8.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I thought trolling was not allowed in bass tournaments.

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

Sounds like fun! Always looking for some good competition. But I doubt it will come from James! Let me know if I can help out in any way. I’m pretty busy with other tournaments, but I’ll try!

corey_waller
    hastings mn

james,
    i am a fairley new to your site but i love bass fishing and i think that a fun low pressure yet still somewhat competitive tourney is just what alot of guys need. i fish the federation stuff and the k-fan tourneys but i think it would bring in a few guys who just love fishing bass. and who knows it might remind a few of the more competitive guys why they started fishing tourneys. i but they all started because they wanted to have FUN. good luck and if you need any help let me know

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

James & Corey (Wallerbass1)
    Why don’t you guys hook up and get working on this? Corey, you and Dean have a bunch of contacts. Maybe something can be worked out through the Bass Wranglers, and maybe tie it into the Rivertown Days event for the first year. The exposure for both groups would be good. You guys could work on making it a sanctioned event(s) for both. Being a walleye guy, I am willing to help out so their would not be a conflict of interest! LOL
    Tuck

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Tuck, Waller & Truax…

Now we’re talking! We’ve been kicking around a June date for a Pool 3 / St. Croix tourney and the insight you guys have on that area and the angler contacts would be an incredible help to the process. I’ve been receiving a ton of PM’s from bass guys on this pushing for it to happen (not sure why everyone is so quiet here in the forum?) so there certainly seems to be a solid level of interest.

I’d love to get together with the 3 of you guys soon if at all possible. Interested and willing?

Quote:

James & Corey (Wallerbass1)
    Why don’t you guys hook up and get working on this? Corey, you and Dean have a bunch of contacts. Maybe something can be worked out through the Bass Wranglers, and maybe tie it into the Rivertown Days event for the first year. The exposure for both groups would be good. You guys could work on making it a sanctioned event(s) for both. Being a walleye guy, I am willing to help out so their would not be a conflict of interest! LOL
    Tuck

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well now you have to show up and fish just to show up this walleye guy. Beware though… you best be on your game!

Quote:

Sounds like fun! Always looking for some good competition. But I doubt it will come from James!

adloos
    Winona, MN

This sounds like a great idea. So is there going to be a circuit setup, just like the indepth walleye tourn or is it going to be a one tournament thing? Any dates picked yet?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’re looking at 3-4 dates so we can fish a variety of waters and fish with / against a wide spectrum of anglers…. the guys that come out on top of this tour would need to be some very accomplish bass anglers and not just top dogs on one pool of the river. Our intentions are to find dates that will work for “most” guys in that the dates will not conflict with other “major” events.

We’d like to see events held from pool 3 all the way south to pool 9 with events structured something like this:

Pools 3 – St. Croix River (launch from Prescott)
    Pool 4, 5 & 5A (launch from alma)
    Pool 6 & 7
    Pool 8 & 9

Any help with suggested dates, launch areas, etc. would be appreciated. We have a couple guys interested in grabbing this by the horns and running with the idea and they / we need all the input we can lay hands on as we get this ball rolling.

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Pool choice looks fine to me.

I’ll looked forward to the dates.

Thanks for championing this new tournament circut.

Thanks again,

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I would recommend launching from Hastings, it is a public ramp with no fees. I have had issues with Prescott’s finest in regards to this in the past. Hastings is a short hop to the Croix and pool 3.
    Tuck

corey_waller
    hastings mn

JAMES AND TUCK,
    WE WILL BE HAVING A BASS MEETING TONIGHT AND THIS WILL DEFINATLEY BE A TOPIC OF DISCUSSION. OUR RIVER TOWN DAYS TOURNAMENT IS GETTING BIGGER EVERY YEAR AND THINK A CIRCUT ON THE RIVER WOULD BE GREAT. A BUNCH OF RIVER RATS TRYING TO BE THE HEAD RIVER RAT. NOW THIS GETS ME EXCITED!! AND IF WE CAN MAKE IT FIT BETWEEN THE BIG TOURNEYS WE SCHOULD DO VERY WELL WITH ANGLER PARTICIPATION. I WILL POST THE NEWS FROM THE MEETING LATER, BUT I BET I CAN HAVE QUITE A FEW TEAMS READY TO GO TONIGHT.
    THANKS COREY

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’re rolling! Let me know what you hear after your meeting and I’ll get things cooking on this end.

Would this be a good time to post that I think the guys from the north end of the river can take the guys from the southern pools? Or would everyone see right through that ploy to stir interest by creating a little rivalry?

corey_waller
    hastings mn

oooo now that would really be fun! a little rivalry. now how am i going to finish my work today when when all i can think about is bass fishing

danwi
    westby wi

I love it when a plan comes together.Is this gonna be a single,buddy or draw tournament?

corey_waller
    hastings mn

i would like to see it as a buddy tourney. i think people would enjoy being to pick a “buddy” to go fishin’ with and have some fun

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.