Open bass tourny’s on Miss.

• Bird
    River Falls, WI

My brother fished the MN BASS state qualifier on pools 4-7 last year. This was his first time fishing those pools and just loved it. He and I want to get into a good Open bass fishing tourny around LaCrosse or Winnona this summer and was wondering if anyone knew of a well run tourny and entry fees of around 100$ per boat? Thanks for any info.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Here’s a link to the WI State B.A.S.S. Federation 2004 Bass Tournaments – Opens and WSBF Events…There are some on here that might interest you.

CLick Here

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bass World Sports has a bunch of tourneys in the area.

The West Salem bassmasters should be having a Spring and Fall tourney this year too. I hope……

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

PLENTY!

A couple noteworthy OPEN TOURNEY’s that I have enjoyed the past couple years that are well-run and have no “membership fees” are (entry fee $100-$130/boat):

Trempealeau Catfish Days (Pool 7) (Usually weekend after July 4th) (A “local” tourney with 120+ boats).

Relay for Cancer Tourney (Pool 8) (Usually June/July) (Pretty stiff competition, usually 35 boats)

West Salem Bassmaster’s Fall Frenzy (Pool 8) (Usually in Septemeber/October – it was COLD this year!) (Good, fun competition – last hoo-rah, usually 30-40 boats)

Plenty more. Gander Mountain and other fishing stores will have pamphlets out.

Come on over, it is BEAUTIUFUL area for fishing, boating, or recreating… And, it isn’t too crowded!

Wait, after further thought… its ugly and no one would like it…

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

Wait, after further thought… its ugly and no one would like it…

……don’t forget about that funky smell too…….

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

……don’t forget about that funky smell too…….

Well, turn around, that is just Slop Bass in the rear of your boat…

SB – I realize I might pay for that one…

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Here is a link to the best circuit on the river and has the best river fisherman!!!!!!!! You cash a check here…..you’ve done good!!!!!!

Click on the link and goto the super north division!!

Click here for the best circuit!!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Anglers edge I think it is has a nice friendly tourney in may on pool 10. Its a little further south but enjoyable. As for Bobs bait and tackle last year it was a ball.
    Team supreme goes out of pool 8 and 9 and is very well run. Probably the best but be prepared to donate your money if this is his first year on the river. -grin-
    jc

champman
    la crosse

ditto on the team supreme vote….. you’ll only be as good as the people you surround yourself with! This is a great platform to start the river with, that is getting good at the river and learning it’s mystique.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

JC,
    We don’t plan on donating any money, its not that we havn’t fished the Miss., we just havn’t fished the shallow waters of pools 6-8. Thanks for the info.

danwi
    westby wi

anglers edge? Is that the trail out of Rockford ?

bucketmouth1

Hey Champman, You going to take me out and catch some of those smallies like you guys caught on Midwest Bass Fishing. I caught the episode today on the outdoor channel. Looked like you guys were catching some nice fish.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I look forward to seeing you around then. I will be in an all white Triton Tr20 with maroon wing inlays. Drop by and say Hi.
    I will be the midget looking guy next to BlueFleck.
    jc

champman
    la crosse

Good one! All the clues are there for you to figure them out in the spring.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Is the program going to be replayed anytime? Would love to see it.

fenderman
    Aurora IL

I saw the Midwest Bass show… very nice river smallies..looked like a lot of fun to have them cornered.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.