Black Lizards

• jjonsgaard
    Winona, MN

Does anyone know where a guy could get some plain black lizards. I have looked all over and I cant seem to find any.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

JJONS
    ~I just did a search on ebay for “fishing lizards” and there were several listings that came back, w/many black lizards listed. If you’re into ebay anyway.

fenderman
    Aurora IL

http://www.barlowstackle.com is a good source… Berkley makes an all black power lizard, which they have for 3.95 a ten pack…

Barlows is also a good source for tackle making equipment.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I hear ya on the all black lizard, When is the last time you saw an all black tube. Team Supreme is the only place I have ever seen carry them. You would sure think tackle manufacturers would have the primary colors licked but they obviously think everything needs to have a flashy tail.
    I guess that I’ll just have to dye my tails all black for now.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

i hear you on the black tubes.i just talked to a budd of mine and he said that gander mtn has black tubes. havent seen them my self but going to check it out. by the way jeremy had a great article for classicbass.com we should all read it then read it again. doing all your home work when the water is hard would sure save time when its soft. thanks jeremy,great job

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Yes, they (Gander Mountain) has them. They are not SOLID BLACK, but black with black fleck… close enough, JC?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

If they are black with black fleck, how can you see the fleck??????

I think I know what you are saying. Are they like that real dark smoke color with black flakes?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The nice thing about that place is, once in a while they offer free shipping. Depending on how much of a hurry you are in to get those lizards, it might be worth it to wait. I’ve ordered lots of plastics from them and have never had a problem.

Here’s the ph# for the outlet store. 1-800-374-7158

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Just came from Gander… Black Lizards (PowerBait) are on clearance (those that are left). In fact, a great deal of the ENTIRE store is 50% off. A lot of selected fishing tackle is 50% off. I think anything ending in $–.97 has 50% more taken off at the register, but not sure. Lucky Craft Lures for 50% off, too. Good deals all the way around.

Oh, and if you spend too much, buy your wife some clothes 50% off…

As for the Black Tubes, the Gander brand I refered to earlier were smoke with black fleck – you were right Moss Boss. ***BUT***, JC, Gander *does* have true black tubes… they are on the back wall with the other plastics toward the top… made by Mizmo in packs of 10. Hope this helps!

Have a great weekend, guys!

PS… I am going ICE FISHING for the very first time with Slop Bass… sure hope he doesn’t send me through the hole!

danwi
    westby wi

did you notice was Shad Raps 50# off?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

DanWi… didn’t notice that specific one… Sorry, man.

But, hey… a trip to Gander (to find out) is never a bad experience! Going to Cabela’s or the Gander stores is just plain fun!

Since I live in LaCrosse… it seems to be at least weekly to Gander… don’t tell my wife!

By the way… Nothing biting out there on the ice this morning… or at least for us…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.