Pool 7 newbie in need of help!!!

• Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

Hi guys. I am in search of some largemouth on pool 7 this week. My questions are where should I look/water temps/and what is everybody out there useing? I have never fished pool 7 so maybe a secret spot or any other things I should keep my eye out for.

buck_slayer01

Look to the backwaters. look for the warmest water you can find and also some kind of structure

Boone04
    Fountain city, WI

The highest temp. we ended up finding this a.m. was 48 degrees have you seen higher?

jrotering
    Trempealeau, WI

You should be able to find some warmer temps. I’d look for 50-54 degrees. Places that warm up faster thoughout the day also cool off faster at night. So look for areas that stay consistantly on the warmer side. Wish I could give you more info… But I’m also on a learning curve for this time of year.

aaron_carrell
    Minneapolis, MN

As far as water temps go, I fished pool 8 a bunch this past weekend and we were finding the channel was 46-47 midday and the backwaters I was getting into were sitting consistently at 57-58, but I did get far enough back in a lake and it was 60! We really found the fish were more aggressive in those warmer areas.

Honestly on pool 7, head downstream a couple miles till you get past the majority of the islands. On the east side theres a HUGE back water type area that is flooded pretty decent still and has lots of slightly deeper channels through it as well that typically warms up pretty good. If you want, I can send you a link to some satellite photos of the area that I’m talking about. Its mostly just a general area to start with but thats where we found fish last time out. Not many, but it was enough to get us goin!

SproBoy

find areas that are at least 7 or 8 degrees warmer… try find spots with that temp but at the same time are near deep water… also they HAVE to be facing south which means they get son all day long… (this means north banks)… or try to find deep water and then a big break into mid depth water like 30 to 10 feet for small mouths… they will be loaded up in these kind of spots…(points).. make sure to fish slow.. even tho the water is warming up its still cold and thats the best way to catch fish (is slow)

buck_slayer01

Also fish lake onalaska there out there all year

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.