Favorite Early Spring Baits

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Anyone want to share what their favorite baits are to throw early in the Spring…? I like to throw a black/blue jig with a trailer or a colorado spinnerbait

jstoefen
    Eldridge Iowa

The colorado blade is a personal favorite of mine on the river too. My favorite springtime bait is the husky jerk.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

The obvious spinner bait. This year I will try some other basic methods to make more choices for the best spring bait.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Colorado-willow leaf, whatever is laying at my feet until I get bit I do want to work the x-rap more this season and other suspending jerk baits along with more swim jigs

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

COLORADO SPINNERBAIT! TASTE THE ROCKIES!!!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

a straight tail grub on a 1/4 oz jig head..

boods
    Lancaster, WI

1/4 or 3/8 Terminator T-1 with a colorado/willow blade in chartreuse and white. Cant go wrong with a black/blue jig or craw papi either!

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I found a new one yesterday and today. I was getting fish on a Rebel WeeR cankbait. I was using a yellow and orange craw. It has a nice wide woble and it landed over 25 fish the last two days.

Jeremy

boods
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

I found a new one yesterday and today. I was getting fish on a Rebel WeeR cankbait. I was using a yellow and orange craw. It has a nice wide woble and it landed over 25 fish the last two days.

Jeremy

What type of cover were you fishing if you dont mind sharing?

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

tennispro,

How high is the water down there….? are u gettin fish back farther in the bays or out more toward the chutes?

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Water was only 2 foot deep, I was fishing “slime” clumps and just slow rolling that crank on the edges of the slime.

There were also some rocks involved

Jeremy

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

buzzbaits and frogs with the occasional black and blue jig or jerkbait

jjonsgaard
    Winona, MN

Quote:

buzzbaits and frogs with the occasional black and blue jig or jerkbait

Thats odd i like the black blue jig and jerkbait with the occasional buzzbait and frog

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dark green and black swim jig with a 6″ lime green/orange lizzard as a trailer

hydragold21

ok well anyone casting a frog in 40 degree water temps is a goofball, and a green jig. Use black n blue, also the drop shot works well on a bad day. I have had luck on the swim bait to. 2ft of water is really shallow mr 25 fish on a crankbait. Do u have some pics of that?

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I think I know where “mr 25 fish” was and I think he very likely could have caught 25 fish there in 2 fow this time of year.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

the fish are always super shallow this time of year, it’s where the warmest water is. But if you want to catch the big fish, quit looking at your temp gauge!

karu
    East Coast of Iowa

1/4oz Spinnerbait with a single gold #4 willow.
    Lipless Crankbait
    7″ Berkley Powerbait Black/Red ribontail worm

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.