Who’s Ready for spring and Bass fishing

• josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

I am getting some serious cabin fever!!!!! Let the spring thaw begin NOW!!!! who is with me?

bassinted
    Dixon IL

I am tired of the cold weather,its goin to warm up this week thay say,but i think my fishin buddy and i are goin to head down to newton il 2 or 3 weeks.The rock river here in dixon is up,muddy and cold, good luck to all.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I am almost there. One more bad day on the ice and I will be there. Every spring when cabin fever strikes, I start looking at catalogs and sales fliers. Today it was Gander M and BFishN at the fishing show in Madison. There goes another $125. Fishing keeps me out of the stores.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I’VE BEEN SORTING TACKLE AND PUTTING LINE ON RODS FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW.I’VE PRE-ENTERED SOME TOURNEMENTS HAVE VISITED MY RANGER IN STORAGE SEVERAL TIMES. EVERYTIME IT SNOWS I GO INTO DEPRESSION. I’M READY!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Who’s Ready for spring and Bass fishing

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

best thing bout ice fishing is the guys keep thier shirts on

I’m starting to get the fever. I think that I should be able to make it, if not I am heading south

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

IS THAT BETTER? DIDN’T MEAN TO GROSS YA OUT! HA!

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

WADE THAT SHORELINE LOOK FAMILIAR?

ripnlips

cant wait any longer. last year we went out late march and caught a few smaller largemouth.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

ME (with a few from 2008) My buddy “bassed” out last summer.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I cannot wait to get out. This weather is killing me. I have been ready since the hardwater season started. Bring on warmer weather.

josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

Norseman those are some nice smallies!! some day I will have to figure out how to catch more of them.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

THEM BROWN FISH ARE A BLAST. SOMEDAYS THEY CAN BE SOOOO FINICKY AND WITHIN A FEW MINUTES CAN HAVE SEVERAL HAWGS TRYING TO TAKE THE BAIT FROM THE ONE YOU’VE HOOKED??? I’VE FISHED-EM FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND STILL HAVE TROUBLE FIGURING THEM OUT SOMEDAYS. GREEN FISH ARE ALOT MORE STABLE!THE BEST PART IS SMALLMOUTH DON’T ROAM FAR. THE WORST PART IS THE POPULATION IS VERY FRAGILE. CATCH AND RELEASE IS A MUST!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

what’s really frustrating is to watch the weather and to see that all the southern states will be in the sixties later this week.. and we sit in this ice box for another 3 to 5 weeks.

its been a LONG WINTER.. and its not over yet.. Snow this week… snow last week..

I am sick of it and I don’t have the beans to go to Florida for 10 days..

that is such an equalizer.. 10 days in the sun and then when you come back its 10 days closer to warming up here..

I am just about to jump through the window… its a SUCKY WINTER..

josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

Quote:

CATCH AND RELEASE IS A MUST!

I agree 100% I practice that with every kind of fish other than Pannies.

Old Rat I couldn’t have said it better. I am only 35 and I hate winter more each year imagine what it will be in 25 or 30 more years. WINTER

boods
    Lancaster, WI

This ice and snow needs to melt pronto! I’ve been casting in the yard for about 2 months…havent had any luck though …Maybe trout season will get rid of some of the itch

flatoutally
    MN

Quote:

…. Let the spring thaw begin NOW!!!! who is with me?

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I went to a power plant lake in Illinois the other day. but it did not get rid of the itch. I have the boat ready to go and I know a shallow lake near peoria Illinois that should be ice out this week and I hope to get out fishing by next week.

Jeremy

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Winter, especially this winter SUCKS
    Bring on the open water!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Almost ready. All the sponsor toys are now coming in almost daily, so every day this last week seems like Christmas. I’m gonna need a bigger boat So that is creating a heck of a lot of excitement. Culprit/Riptide has some really cool stuff out this year

Now, just need Mother Nature to cooperate and give us some shirtless kind of weather!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

I went to a power plant lake in Illinois the other day. but it did not get rid of the itch. I have the boat ready to go and I know a shallow lake near peoria Illinois that should be ice out this week and I hope to get out fishing by next week.

Jeremy

What lake and how did you do?

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I will be going out on Tuesday. I am excited about the 60 deg temps that are forcasted. But I don’t like the storm chances. I hope to get a few bass under my belt. Will post if I do any good.

Jeremy

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I am indeed ready for spring an bass fishing. I am ready for green grass and warm consistent weather. For what its worth, I know my old hound is too.

josh_holliday
    Oxford, Wi

welcome back to winter what a slap in the face this sucks!!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.