Gambler bass boat

• natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

Does anyone have any experience with Gambler bass boats. I heard they handle like a sports car. Is that true or is that a gambler biased opinion? Thanks for all the help so far in my previous post.

Kevin

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I ran one a couple of years ago. It was only for an afternoon but yes. They handle really well. I’m not sure I would want one on big water but the run like heck and handle really well. If your looking at boats that aren’t big names up here. Take a look at the kitty’s as well. When I can pull the trigger on another boat it will likely be a Bass Cat.

Good luck with your search.

brandengifford
    Franklin TN.

IMO Gambler is the best boat on the market. You get everything speed, ride & a TON of deck space. A buddy of mine has one & we ran 82mph (gps) with a full tourny load.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

IMO Gambler is the best boat on the market. You get everything speed, ride & a TON of deck space. A buddy of mine has one & we ran 82mph (gps) with a full tourny load.

Branden, you must have hit your head!!

brandengifford
    Franklin TN.

No, it’s a 20′ boat with a 300 on the back!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I knew a fisherman who got one for cost.. but she posed for their calender.

hisser
    Chatfield, Mn

I looked at them before I bought my boat in 2001, beautiful boat and I would guess the ride , handling, and speed are all great. The problem I had was at 6’4″ I couldn’t fit under the console, the salesman even said they are built for shrimps

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

well at 5′ 9″ i’ll slide right on in there then!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I looked at them before I bought my boat in 2001, beautiful boat and I would guess the ride , handling, and speed are all great. The problem I had was at 6’4″ I couldn’t fit under the console, the salesman even said they are built for shrimps

WAS 6’4″. Now as you have shrank and humped over you’d be able to squeeze right in.

On a serious note, its one thing to be able to squeeze or fit into a console area but its another to be able to plop down in and jump on out with ease 25 times a day.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

No, it’s a 20′ boat with a 300 on the back!

I have no doubt the speeds guys get with their Gamblers, but I’m not sold that they are boat that is fit to meet most needs. Do they still have an awful low riding rear end? If so, can you troll that over shallow sand? Now I’m no gambler pro here but I’d bet its not going to be even remotely as good a ride as some of the more well rounded boats out there.
    A guy can set them up to be fast, or to have good grip for rough water, but its hard to have th ebest of both worlds.
    Get a Legend if you want to stand out and be different, have an upper 70’s boat with the ride of a Champion.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

Quote:

easy greg we have seen how you drive boats

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I remember the tournament he did that in.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

easy greg we have seen how you drive boats

Ike, you whats even funnier then that is even if that was my boat it”d still run better than yours.

ikeslayer

Quote:

Ike, you whats even funnier then that is

Is that really the beginning of a sentence? What school did you go to – i think it should be a public service to announce what schools aren’t getting it done

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

Ike, you whats even funnier then that is

Is that really the beginning of a sentence? What school did you go to – i think it should be a public service to announce what schools aren’t getting it done

Dont get on here and act like your some “road scholar”. I got the best education Arkansas had to offer………..just cause it stopped at the 4th grade. Dont be a hater.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Can we get the story behind that sunken boat?

kris_brantner
    My river

i like how the trolling motor is stored

ikeslayer

Quote:

i wasn’t going to comment on that because no one has ever taught greg how to store his motor this is the norm for him.

In all seriousness i think i got that picture from bass resource a few years back – I think it was on kentucky lake and there was big wind – and they just took on too much. Don’t remember all the details but the guys were just happy to be alive.

P.s. Sorry Natureboy that i Hijacked your post i am done having my fun now – at least on this post.

gregh
    s.e. minn

I think it was on kentucky lake and there was big wind – and they just took on too much water. Ya Think??

P.s. Sorry Natureboy that i Hijacked your post i am done having my fun now – at least on this post.

No he’s not.

This could never be my boat cause a CHAMPION would still run with that muh water in it!!

ncarlson203

Quote:

If you’ve ever been to Kentucky Lake that’s exactly what your trolling motor would look like if it wasn’t strapped down to the max!!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Gambler boats are top notch! If you’re concerned about them holding up in big water…don’t be. There are some elite pros making a living out of them…

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

The more i think about it, I think that for what i’m going to be using the boat for. A boat with a shallow draft and good handling is going to be what I need most. If I’m kissing sand in my hydrasports I cant imagine what will end up of me with some of these bigger water boats

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.