weekend report

• benotto1
    Onalaska, WI

How id everyone do? I unfortuneatly was not able to get out. Did anyone get in to some mamoth smallies? I know last weekend they were active , so how about this weekend? Are they still on the points and wingdams like they were last weekend? Just wondering because I am a college student and I think my fishing season is over , so atleast fill me in whats going on in the river. Thanks, and good luck to all the fisherman and hunters out there .

Bassboy

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

My 7 tear old son and I braved the cool 40 degree air temperature and the 50 degree water temp Sunday Oct 26th to find a nice school of largemouth just waiting to be caught.

We were pleasently surprised to find and catch about 10 to 15 largemouths in about 30 minutes. These fish were holding tight and shallow on a rock pile near the deeper water of the main channel. While most were only 12-13 inches two were 3lbs and one was about 2.5lbs.

We had a great time and the river was unusually quiet. There was a good deal of current and strong winds at times as we fished the rocks. A few of the fish were taken on a 1 oz triple willow spinnerbait from Strictly Bass Lures but most were caught on a blue/silver Rat-L-Trap.

Only had about 3 hours to fish so we did not try a lot of other spots but did try one similar place and had no luck.

Maybe we just got lucky that the first spot produced.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.