Okay, so who is DONE for the year?

• riverfan
    MN

Sorry, guy’s, you’ve got it wrong. Dick called me and tiped me off on the hot bite. I wish I’d have been there at the start cuz he wacked em.

John

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

boy I don’t know if I will get one more day.. I have been sick all week. and there are other pressures of using the gas money to spend on Christmas stuff. But I did buy a bottle of pork rind. I would hate for it to go to waste.

anybody else still going? I would believe some guy who smacked the crap out of them last week, went again this week.

its gonna be a crap shoot for one more day.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I think Dec. 1-2 will be my last weekend chasing smallmouth. My goal is to catch bass in open water in each month of the year. So far I need DEC. JAN. FEB….
    hopefully i can knock out december in a couple weeks. I got my venison today so the rest is fishing!

I’ll be alone tomorrow, but I think i’ll take the best two smallies back to the landing for a snapshot. I’ll let you know how it goes.

bassaddict1
    Winona Mn/ Lansing, IA

so how did fishing go cade? P

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Sucky, I think I mentioned that to you on the phone yesterday…It wasn’t that the fish shut off or anything, its just a matter of keeping the boat in position as well as the line in the right spot The wind was just too crazy for me to stay on the channel 3 keeper smallies, a dink smallie, and a tiny largemouth after i resorted to the backwaters. I’ll be back at it on a (hopefully) calmer, snowy, Wednesday.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Good luck out there tomorrow Cade, the wind is supposed to kick up to 20 mph

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah it turned out to be terrible on the main channel. Good thing I brought my ice rod because I watched the forcast and had a feeling this would happen. I went and picked up Justin and scouted some areas for ice fishing. It ended up being very successful. We caught just an ungodly ammount of crappies, although most were smaller 8-9-1/2″ers, I did keep 13 above 10″ers and released/lost a couple 11+. I had one that was a little over 12″ too so it turned out to be a decent trip. I can deal with the cold not a problem. The water is 37.8 degrees, and I’m still confident I could make those fish bite. But you start to have problems when A. You can’t properly position the boat, and B. You can’t effectively move the bait because your line is getting blown all over the place

Oh well, hope the wind dies down for the weekend

riverfan
    MN

Got 2 smallies at Red Wing yesterday but with this weeks forecast I give.

John

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well kids I can’t see it any more for this year. It looks bad, bad, bad. I think…

I am done.

but I am already making plans to spend 4-5 days on Lay, Logan Martin and Guntersville. probably in March.

This should get me into “playing shape” before the ice comes off here. five solid days of pounding has really done this for me in the past.

One day, 125 bass all on jerkbaits. Jerk, jerk, jerk, stop..pow… Spots and largemouths. another time 4 lb spots on big double willows.

so I may be done but the fire is burning real hard in my belly. I am ready to go right now.

the rat.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well that ended quick didn’t it? I mean everything is shut. and in just a couple of days.

they shut the water off at the dam, and that was that.

How many days until April?

brovarney

Look where my sister moved…….

May just have to go visit over spring break……….

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

I shouldn’t have to tell you to contact Troy Jens at Waterfront Bait and gas station, do I?

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

Let me say this, I would load the truck with jigs and go to Birmingham for a couple of days. You need to call on Marks, And Simmons. Simmons is the wholesaler for all the small dealers around. Message me

the rat.

zombywuff
    Illinois

You have a sister named Jill too, Dan? Can I adopt her? Mine lives inbetween Boulder & Denver! Beautiful country, but not too many bass lakes.

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Quote:

Look where my sister moved…….

May just have to go visit over spring break……….

Looking foward to the photos…of big bass with grogs hanging out of their mouths…or jigs for that matter…

How long do we have to wait?

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

okay.. its time to revisit this thread.. who is done for the year? 2008

riverfan
    MN

Not me! I hope to be out Wed afternoon, Thursday and Sunday.

John

duckilr
    Mississippi River

I’d like to think that I can get out one more time but it’s not looking good with the current weather pattern!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’m not done either. I got out last night in the ice pellets and caught a 13 lb limit in an hour, then my dad called and said i had to come off due to road conditions

Sunday i caught 15 lbs with ice on the guides. It was frigid but the fish are still going crazy if you know where to look and how to trigger them..

this one was a solid 4-1/2 lbs

boods
    Lancaster, WI

Pretty hard to not hunt for ducks this time of year! Killed 5 limits this month and hopin’ for more!

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.