Okay, so who is DONE for the year?

• oldrat
    Upper Midwest

Well how many of you have hung it up for the year? I haven’t as yet, but I have not been out for over a week either. But I won’t go alone in cold water. Not safe. and no one should. I’ll make a couple of calls for the week end.

But, how many of you are done?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

done here – focusing on ducks and deer now

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

we have a month of fishing yet!

brovarney

I’m thinking about Lake geneva smallmouths next week.

Here’s last week……..The boy has a horseshoe up his butt…..

igotone

put boat away Tuesday

did have a super nice day Monday

riverfan
    MN

We’re just getting to the best part of the season. I’m not done till iceup.

John

larsonmat
    Mondovi, WI

I definitely agree with John that this is normally the best fishing of the year. However, this year September was hard to beat for size and numbers . I’ll be out at least until late November.

I chickened out because of the wind yesterday but I see a certain Ranger braved the elements. How did it go? Man the lake looked dirty and the waves massive.

Matt

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

We went Tuesday when it hit 70deg…..1 fish in the boat and two misses……I’m Done

wilson1
    s.e. wisconsin

not done yet have been out with good success on a couple of area lakes am going to the wolf sat. to catch some of those brown fish.

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

I’m with you, Fan. I don’t even think about putting the boat away until we get out of the 40s.

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Not done, you’ll have to drag me away like a screaming infant tantrum’ed child.

rick-robinson
    Dundee, Iowa

still hoping for a few more trips out

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

We’re just getting to the best part of the season. I’m not done till iceup.

John

See you this weekend John!

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

well I am looking for someone to share the boat on Saturday. Any takers?

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

I’ve been done since september… school hits me hard. When I do get back I usually hunt. I am already pretty pumped for next april though.

riverfan
    MN

This is why I won’t put my boat away till ice-up. We’re leaving for Green Bay tonight for some serious smallmouth action so I wanted to get out and test a couple jerkbaits. Here are the 1st 2 fish of a 30 fish day. Had about 10 small LM and 20 or so smallies. About 5-6 were the size of the fish in the picture. Water temps in the 50’s and the flow is starting to come down. The best smallies were on wing dams and out away from the bank. None were in their wintering areas. That tells me there’s a lot of good fishing to come.

John

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks a lot John! Good to know wingdams are producing fish again…I’ll definitely be using a couple on Saturday…

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Once the ducks start flying, fishing is few and far between for me.

Nice fish John.

jimt
    Sparta, WI

One more week and I’m done…although I’ve been telling my wife that for about a month now so who knows .
    I think the colder weather next week should make it even better.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

Well Gees I thought that I had more friends out there then that. No messages to go fishing this weekend. Hey I took a bath this week an’ everthing. ( cuz’ it was the en’ of the month ) I know that I am ancient and eccentric but I have caught a bass at one time. Let me know if you want to take a chance. the rat.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I think I might be heading down to 9 this weekend..I hear the largies are going nuts

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I got out down here on Wednesday and caught about 40 bass in 5 hours. Nothing big, a couple in the 2.5 lb area. They were on dying weed edges out of current- all lm except a sm caught on a bridge piling in a deep creek.

zombywuff
    Illinois

The water in the rivers down here are still in the mid 40’s. I’m still wading and catching smallies, nothing of any size though. And I’ve had to change from the breathables to the neoprenes!

fluker

Was out last weekend and caught the biggest of my life, 7-6. 45 degree water temps and terrible wind! (Still waiting on pictures)

Hoping to make it out once or twice more this weekend, then that will be it for me as I’m off to see the family (11 hours away) for the next 2 weekends.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

largie? smallie? River? lake?

wow that is a true hog fluker

Cal
    Savage, MN USA!!!

Hmmm….I think I recognize that yellow tree in the background Nice fish John!

riverfan
    MN

Lost a little water temp but still got 45 degrees and the smallies are still on the wing dams. All of these fish came off the same dam. The boat is staying out for at least a month.

John

bassrap

John,

Glad to hear it! When are we going out?

Rick

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Nice fish John. Who is that other guy in the picture?

Did you let Dick catch any?

bassrap

Doubt it. He probably just let him hold a couple of his fish for the picture so he looks like a good guide. Or at least that’s what he does to me!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.