Fishing Pool 10

• jardan
    Cedar Rapids Iowa

Having become a new Member recently I was hoping to ask some of the other members how they have been doing in pool 10 fishing for bass. Now I don’t want to get off on the wrong foot and I’m not asking any one for their secret spots.I’m just asking for some general ideas and possibly what the fish are biting on.My fishing partner(My better half) will be up at our trailer this wknd.Hoping to catch some bass.We practice CPR so all bass will be released so our fellow fishermen/women will have th same opportunity to catch them also.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

basspack
    PdC, WI.

Fished pool 10 this AM. Had a lot of fun catching smaller fish on topwater baits. Found the most eager biters in current off the rocks. Got too hot so I didn’t even make it to the slop today, but did pretty well last weekend with frogs. Be careful the river is LOW. Keep your eyes open there are a ton of bait fish around and if you see them getting hit throw in and you’ll have a good chance to hook up. I’ve mostly been fishing north of Prairie since the river dropped so badly. I hammered the bass in a little cut south of the sewer plant two weeks ago, but there is no way to get in there now. You should be able to have a lot of fun out there this weekend, they have their feedbags on .

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

jardan, We’ve been catching a fair amount of fish off the lily pads. Pads with current running into them or next to them seem to hold alot of fish. Topwater frogs or mice have been our best baits.

jardan
    Cedar Rapids Iowa

Hi basspack and birdman
    Thanks for the info it is Greatly Appreciated. I know the pool is down to what I like to call”a normal summer level” I was on pool 11 last weekend and saw a number of BaHa type boats getting towed also saw a person in a smaller stern drive go over something that raised up the whole back end of his boat.After that he seemed to be having some problems.Ok I’ve rambled on long enough Again thanks for the info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.