How’s pool 10 looking??

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

My small weekday bass club is going to be in Prairie on the 31st and 1st for a tournament. Because of another tournament here two weeks before I will not be able to make it up for any pre-fishing.

How are things looking up there right now?? Will my normal pattern that I use up there hold up?? I have done well on main current area’s with weeds using frogs and spinnerbaits. I will more then likely be using swimjigs this year . Another spot that I have done well using buzzbaits early around small weed clumps. But depending on the water level I might not even be able to fish that spot. Later in the day I use a carolina rigged lizzard with about a 8 inch leader around those weeds patches and pick up fish.

Do those sound about right for a starting point?? The tournament is going to be noon-8:30pm the first day and 5am-1pm the second day. With any luck I might be going up after work on the 30th and might get a couple hours in before dark . This tournament is open to anyone so if you are interested in fishing please feel free to PM me for more info.

Jeremy

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I was on Pool 10 for a couple hours Monday. The water quality was good and the fish were biting. The water looked low though. You should do well.

baldwin4
    NE IA

BF, any grass moving down? Heading over in the morning for some walleyes

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

We didn’t see any, but keep in mind we weren’t out for a long time that day. It’s been 5 days since.

Good luck with the Walleyes.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I’ll have a report up this evening covering pool 10.

illinois

In our tourney there alot of fish were taken below the bridge in the east channel on the ban where the grass and wing dam meet.

A few were caught on the east channel side of the island that splits the two channels on the north end.

We locked to 9 to win the first day and the second day we didnt lock we got 6th on main channel rock with deep water very close

frogger
    iowa

water level raised after rain on the third but as sunday it dropped back, and is clean some grass floating in main channel alot of bass boats fishing channel rocks and wing dams, and the eel grass beds are looking good

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.